• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you pay .50,for a mixed beer ?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know of the beer, that deposits under, the fountain? As example, the excessive, Stella, Staropramen, Gusiness, Amstel, and Bass, go to 1 collective area, (under the bar) and is mixed. After it could,pass filtration to be sold , as mixed beer for a price less, than 1 dollar. I think this is an idea, that could help the, unfortunate ( included myself), and is a type of recycling, that could stop, global keg warming.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
As a bartender I followed a long-standing rule of only distributing bar-mat wash to:

a) some idiot who bet his friends he'd drink it
b) some idiot who is being an asshole and wants us to make him a "mixed drink extra special"
c) some idiot

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
As a bartender I followed a long-standing rule of only distributing bar-mat wash to:

a) some idiot who bet his friends he'd drink it
b) some idiot who is being an asshole and wants us to make him a "mixed drink extra special"
c) some idiot

How did it, taste ?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Probably like a warm, flat and improperly made black and tan.

What if they, used cold filtration, re-carbon, some color and, a special glass?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
V,

I was actually going to go to the Beer Garden today. Friends are there, right now.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike C.
V,

I was actually going to go to the Beer Garden today. Friends are there, right now.

Mike C.,

if it becomes to bore you, cross to the Sparrow, on the corner.

Some toaster beer there, is good.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic, I'd love to explore the world of homebrewing. The only thing holding me back at the moment is 1) small apartment = lack of space, 2) cost of equipment involved, and 3) will it taste like complete shite?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Why didn't you just take this to PM?

Space is only an issue if you're looking to start a brewery. Home kits are easily available online so that there's no guesswork in the ingredients, containers, and instructions. Prices go from $30 USD and the sky's the limit. I had a kit once that included a sturdy plastic pouch and several plastic beer bottles. Easy stuff. Tasted fine.

If you're looking to do things the "fun" way, there's still a ton of info for free online on home brewing. A family friend is a wine maker and recently got into brewing beer. He found instructions online on where to purchase the grain, brewer's yeast, etc. He uses large glass containers to store the beer while it ferments; they are like jumbo-sized office water cooler bottles. You could save money and go with plastic but he told me glass would prevent the possibility of any taste stripping off the plastic. Not a huge deal but he was looking to do this long term and decided to front some cash.

Now the important part: the taste. He had several batches. Off the top of my head, one was an unfiltered honey wheat, another styled after a pilsen, and he had a holiday beer which was modeled after the pilsen but with cinnamon and cloves added. I wouldn't say they were OUTSTANDING, but they were definitely of above-average quality. My favorite was the holiday beer which I found odd because I usually do not drink gimmicky beers. It was very clean-tasting but had a slight pumpkin pie finish. The key for me was that traditionally most winter or holiday beers are stout-based and overbearing while this one could be consumed year-round, perhaps as an option instead of having dessert wine after a meal.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i'd rather just buy cheaper beer, or drink at home instead of at a bar.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
What if they, used cold filtration, re-carbon, some color and, a special glass?

Would you get to keep the glass?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads