• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Meetup: South Texas Edition Updated

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
You're 20 and never hooked yourself up with a fake at 17-18 when you first went to uni, somewhat surprised.
eh.gif

PS: I'd like to add, I appreciate your posts and sharing of knowledge on the forum in general. I didn't know jack-**** nearly as much as you at that age. I was just coming to from being a drunken, titty-ogling adolescent then. It wasn't until my Junior year I started getting my **** together.

I'd always pegged you as early/mid-20s.

Agreed.

In terms of anyone coming younger then 21 or without fake I.D., I think we may have to split groups if we decide to hit a bar after the restaurant. I'll put some thought into a place that may workout for everyone, but not sure at this point.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Checking for fakes now. I know a few people who might work out.

Edit- and thanks for the loving, y'all. It makes me all warm and fuzzy.

B: Just for you and that shagalicious hair of yours.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the dates of August 11th - 19th, doing it on a week day (Mon - Thu) as opposed to a weekend will make staff a lot more lenient, and it's also likely there will cheaper drinks at bars.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Weekend makes more sense to me. Better chance that people can drive down from another city.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
With the dates of August 11th - 19th, doing it on a week day (Mon - Thu) as opposed to a weekend will make staff a lot more lenient, and it's also likely there will cheaper drinks at bars.

It looks like I've found my man. We're going to test drive it a few times, but I should be okay.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we need to determine a day. The 11th - 14th

Jsoftz

Reaction score
Howdy- I'm in Austin but I'd be down for SA if that's what people want. Long time mostly-lurker/B&S participant but trying to poast more. Might be interested in meeting up and getting some good food and drink and lulz why not?

If we do Austin maybe a couple of us get in line and buy a brisket or two from Franklin or Snows and consume somewhere else? Maybe I'm just lusting after BBQ right now...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Typically, only the DC/Baltimore meetups involve getting fucked up and picking up skanks. Carry on with your movie...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Also, I may try and bribe one of you Austin-ians/Austin-ites(?) to bring me down some tasty BBQ.

+1

Also, would everyone be open to ideas for places outside of the downtown area?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads