• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
So if he hosted a meet and greet for SF members, he could expense all the festivities?

:p

laugh.gif
He probably expensed all 10 gin and tonics we had in Cali!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
laugh.gif
He probably expensed all 10 gin and tonics we had in Cali!

laugh.gif
No, that went on the room bill.

Here's the thing with expense accounts: they are a tool. One should only use tools for their intended purposes as that will prevent one from possible injury. Networking meeting? Pretty reasonable. Schmoozing someone for a specific purpose to do with my organization? Pretty reasonable.

Taking friends out drinking and get that noticed by the auditors or your finance committee? I'd much rather pick up the entire tab than risk my career or my good name for a few hundred bucks.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
OK, I know why. It's because we keep the eggs in the reach-in and take out one at a time, then the only way stand it up is to put it on the steak. I suppose we could remove the whole egg tray every time but we just don't.

how about a piece of paper with an egg sized hole in the middle?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I have been making the steak tartar at L'Ecole the last two weekends and that is how we do it. One difference is that we put a raw quail egg on top, in the shell (with the top cut off and some of the white removed). One drop of Tobasco goes into the egg and a small sprinkle of chives. If the exec at the pass sees any chive on the steak itself outside the egg, he sends the plate back.

Change of career? WTF?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
how about a piece of paper with an egg sized hole in the middle?
Better still, keep an old crate at your station and place the quail eggs in there to sprinkle.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last night: Greek yogurt and some Special K.
Tonight: Chicken quesadilla.

Working very late all week.
ffffuuuu.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
laugh.gif
No, that went on the room bill.

Here's the thing with expense accounts: they are a tool. One should only use tools for their intended purposes as that will prevent one from possible injury. Networking meeting? Pretty reasonable. Schmoozing someone for a specific purpose to do with my organization? Pretty reasonable.

Taking friends out drinking and get that noticed by the auditors or your finance committee? I'd much rather pick up the entire tab than risk my career or my good name for a few hundred bucks.

I don't understand. As Overlord, won't the auditors or finance committee members tremble in fear after realizing who they're auditing ??

Then again, if you're a baller you don't even look at the bill but use it to light your cigar as you slide over the card or preferably an uncounted but large wad of cash.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Last night: Greek yogurt and some Special K.

Working very late all week.
ffffuuuu.gif

first part of quote is awesome, i like to add some strawberry stuff to it!

second part is
ffffuuuu.gif
i hope you're getting paid well for it

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
I don't understand. As Overlord, won't the auditors or finance committee members tremble in fear after realizing who they're auditing ??

Then again, if you're a baller you don't even look at the bill but use it to light your cigar as you slide over the card or preferably an uncounted but large wad of cash.

Yeah, it's CEOs that think they're Overlord that end up suddenly without a job. I'm just a medium sized fish, in a medium sized pond and know my place in the school. If I keep things on the up and up I'll continue to have a nice happy little life and that's the plan.

Dinner last night was a new sausage recipe/type: Merquez. Used lamb (traditional meat) to make it and it was very good.

JYanalunas

Reaction score
Spinach salad w feta
Grilled 1/2 ground veal, 1/2 ground piedmontese chuck Burger
Potato wedges baked w garlic and asiago

Caffeine free Zevia Cola post meal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Think I will make the tartare on June 26th and share some with my new kittens.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Dinner last night was a new sausage recipe/type: Merquez. Used lamb (traditional meat) to make it and it was very good.

this is the sausage used to make Babbo's "mint love letters". F'ing delicious.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Yeah, it's CEOs that think they're Overlord that end up suddenly without a job. I'm just a medium sized fish, in a medium sized pond and know my place in the school. If I keep things on the up and up I'll continue to have a nice happy little life and that's the plan.
This reminds me of the scene in Scarface where Frank says, "Hey, Tony. Remember when I told you when you first started working for me, the guys that last in this business, are the guys who fly straight. Low-key, quiet. But the guys who want it all, chicas, champagne, flash... they don't last. " Oh and I love merguez !

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah

Oh and I love merguez !

You like it, my sausage?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads