• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
One finish, one slot higher is not domination. I really do like you Slim- except when your mouth is open. We'll see how it plays out. I rather suspect Tiger or Bill to be wiping the walk with us... Again, what's the fee? If it's $100 that would add up to a nice pair of English shoes.
Beating you by a minumum of 200 points, and at one point in the season over 400 points is indeed a domination any way you cut it. It's not my fault that nobody else can hang. You are mediocre at best. If I had not allowed you to close within 200 points of me by not changing a single roster spot the last five weeks, I would probably have beat you by 300-350 points.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Now I'm officially pissed I dropped out - I had no idea you guys were such blowhards.
tounge.gif

Ah, its just Steve. He likes to talk a lot of **** for someone who's incapable of beating me. Plus, he talks trash like a five year old mormon. It's sort of annoying.
smile.gif
We'll see how he does this year. If he can put together a decent team WITHOUT drafting 45% of the All-Stars in the league, and he can back up his big talk with some performance against people who actually know what end of a baseball bat to hold, I might have to trim the sails a bit, but that is extremely unlikely to happen. The closest analogy I can come up with is like playing videogames against an 80 year old. Steve just doesn't have the reflexes.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let the games begin....bitches.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Slim:

You are always the first to talk trash.

Let's see if you can back it up this time.

I don't care if I win the league, just that I beat you.

Why WOULDN'T I draft 45% of the superstars in the league if I could???

Perhaps that's what explains why your ranking is so low.

Shut up little man and let's get it on...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Why WOULDN'T I draft 45% of the superstars in the league if I could???

What I'm saying is that the other stooges that you play with are so inept that you were able to draft much better players than you should be able to in any serious league. This is why you win, because everyone else you play with sucks even worse than you. I hope you are proud to be the big fish in a small pond.

Welcome to the bigger pond.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Gentlemen!

I had J randomize the numbers 1-12, and then applied his numerical list to the list of our teams in the league (in order of sign up) for our draft order.

The draft order is as follows:

1:The Berluti Bombers\t
2: surf animal\t
3: Nippon Ham Fighters\t
4: curious smalses\t
5: The Grenson Masters\t
6: Yakyu All-Stars\t
7: style\t
8: Looks Like Rain\t
9: Diamond Bollocks\t
10: SweTty Balls\t
11: mayan pots\t
12: Tombstone Blues

This is a serpentine draft, so round two is in reverse order.
Get ready!

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
What I'm saying is that the other stooges that you play with are so inept that you were able to draft much better players than you should be able to in any serious league. This is why you win, because everyone else you play with sucks even worse than you. I hope you are proud to be the big fish in a small pond.
There's a 40% differential Slim. I could see if it was 10-20- but 40???

I hope you are proud to be a small fish in any kind of pond.

Whine/Cry- I draft 10th!!!! I can't possibly win!!!

I will finish 7 or 8 out of 8 like all the leagues Slim's in and he picks later in the draft order...

Bill and Tiger eat drink and sleep baseball....

WAAA WAAA WAAA.

Just STFU and play. I'm putting you on ignore.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Whats funny is, that at some point in the season, Steve will start making really lame excuses like he did last year.

In fact, he'll probably "give up" because at some point in the season because his "other league" will become more important. Just like it did last year. IE he's a sore loser.

Steve likes to point out QUITE FREQUENTLY that he wins most of his "other" leagues. Good for him. Unfortunately I don't have the time on my hands to play against the WWII vets at the nursing home or Ms. Jones's second grade class. I dare say that real competition scares him. I've never complained about losing most of my leagues, (occasionally I would like to be considered for a higher draft pick, however) and I don't give up when its obvious I won't be winning like Steve tried to claim he did last year. Are the stakes high enough for you this year buddy? Are you gonna participate with the grown ups?

All I've ever seen him do is whine and lose. Which makes us about even, except Steve B = 0 / Tokyo Slim = 1 in terms of head to head wins.

I'm waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is.

You might actually think that Bill and Tiger might eat/sleep/and drink Baseball... I don't really know. but I sort of doubt we are talking about the same thing. They both post here far too much to be even remotely close to what I am talking about.

Lets just put it this way, There is a member of my league that flies from Seattle to LA almost every weekend during the season for Dodgers games. 50% of my league has been to every ballpark in the US (including most of the parks that don't exist anymore) If they were still standing after 1978, they have been there.. One member of my league works for STATS Inc and can name you almost any minor league prospect on any team in the AL or NL and their vitals. Yes, there are two girls, but those bitches are always allowed to draft first and second! (and I always go last or near last for not being a Dodgers fan, thats just the way it works) I drive a forklift and am not sitting on my computer 18 hours a day vulturing people off the waiver wire. I blew it this year, I got to draft 8th, and I made the mistake of drafting two SF Giants in the late rounds (pitchers, not Barry Bonds), and recieved my notice that I will be taking the last draft spot NEXT YEAR as punishment. They are serious.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought Yahoo randomly created the order 30 minutes prior to the draft?

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Gentlemen!

I had J randomize the numbers 1-12, and then applied his numerical list to the list of our teams in the league (in order of sign up) for our draft order.

The draft order is as follows:

1:The Berluti Bombers\t
2: surf animal\t
3: Nippon Ham Fighters\t
4: curious smalses\t
5: The Grenson Masters\t
6: Yakyu All-Stars\t
7: style\t
8: Looks Like Rain\t
9: Diamond Bollocks\t
10: SweTty Balls\t
11: mayan pots\t
12: Tombstone Blues

This is a serpentine draft, so round two is in reverse order.
Get ready!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I thought Yahoo randomly created the order 30 minutes prior to the draft?

You can do either but seeing that I have the first pick I prefer this method.
inlove.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
You can do either but seeing that I have the first pick I prefer this method.
inlove.gif

Already at a disadvantage, damn.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry man, I had to get J involved somehow... since he generally hates sports.
smile.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Already at a disadvantage, damn.

Jose Reyes or Albert Pujols...decisions decisions

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pedro Martinez, dude!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's so 2002.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads