• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

21st century women can be difficult

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
wtf

It took a few readings, but I think I finally got it figured out: treating women as equals gives them beards.

I'm gonna make sure to beat my ***** a little more often. Can't have her growing facial hair when I can barely sport peach fuzz.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Men and women are equal (as in one is not superior or inferior), but they are not the same. Men and women are different. A lot of people don't realize this, and I think that is why women are acting like dicks and men like a bunch of pussies.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Men and women are equal (as in one is not superior or inferior), but they are not the same. Men and women are different. A lot of people don't realize this, and I think that is why women are acting like dicks and men like a bunch of pussies.
QFT. A really horrible lie that's been perpetrated over the last 30 years or so is that equality means identity. Not to start a ****-storm but IIRC it was a tenet of early Feminism that to be equal to men women had to ditch their femininity and conversely that men had to be feminine to be "sensitive".

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
QFT. A really horrible lie that's been perpetrated over the last 30 years or so is that equality means identity. Not to start a ****-storm but IIRC it was a tenet of early Feminism that to be equal to men women had to ditch their femininity and conversely that men had to be feminine to be "sensitive".
What do you see as innate differences between men and women? I'm sure you'll have the obvious biological ones but I'm curious about the others you'll list. FYI "early feminism" was about reforming institutions so as to give women the same legal status as men, shocking innit? I'm going to be frank; the problem I see with the conversation we'll soon have is that I am less than an expert (understatement of the century) on feminism and even from my position of relative ignorance I can see how grossly unaware of anything having to do with feminism you are. The mistake you made is pretty much the equivalent of wanting to address the minutiae of a physicist research without having ever heard of gravity; the ensuing conversation can only be a low-rent, oversimplified recap of problems and discourse that have already been addressed in a most satisfying manner and that are in no way current. Being unaware of the problems, multiple viewpoints, sum of research and accumulated historical struggles and realities contemporary feminism tackles makes the whole convo a pointless caricature, like two naive painters attempting to apprehend Rothko (to use an analogy I presented in another thread).

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
Can someone please explain to me why people keep saying taking care of a baby is a very difficult thing to do?

A friend and his wife have a 6mo old baby. He works 5-6 days per week and she works 3 days per week. The house is alway a tragic mess.

I took care of the baby while they were both working and managed to have a great time with the baby, clean and organize the house from top to bottom and I had dinner ready when they both drove up the driveway. Actually it was fun.

I know doing this for weeks and months on end can make you want a vacation but acting as though physically taking care of your household is some sort of tough job that people should get awards for is beyond me.

I think it is pure laziness.

Good Lord this is pure stupidity.

The advice in the first few pages of this thread sucks balls. I doubt very much it gets better. You need to work out some compromises and division of labour. She is not alone in feeling left out/isolated by having to stay home all the time. A lot of women feel this way, it's subtly draining to be in a house, taking care of a child all day. That said, she should be pulling her weight. Taking care of the household while you are at work is a fair trade. Cooking dinner while you watch the baby after work is a way you can both get what you need, she gets a break, you get time with the kid, and you get dinner. Win Win.

Try to find a way for her to get out of the house and have some sort of social interactions. It will make a huge difference.

Ignore %99 of what people say in this thread.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Good Lord this is pure stupidity. The advice in the first few pages of this thread sucks balls. I doubt very much it gets better. You need to work out some compromises and division of labour. She is not alone in feeling left out/isolated by having to stay home all the time. A lot of women feel this way, it's subtly draining to be in a house, taking care of a child all day. That said, she should be pulling her weight. Taking care of the household while you are at work is a fair trade. Cooking dinner while you watch the baby after work is a way you can both get what you need, she gets a break, you get time with the kid, and you get dinner. Win Win. Try to find a way for her to get out of the house and have some sort of social interactions. It will make a huge difference. Ignore %99 of what people say in this thread.
I think of staying at home with the child as a privilege and not some chore.
plain.gif
This division of labor you speak of is non-existent. She doesn't cook or clean and she wants to hire someone to watch the baby.
laugh.gif
He needs to think up ways for HER to get out of the house? If she doesn't have time to think of those things now she will have plenty of time while the nanny watches the baby and the housekeeper cleans the manor... Some people shouldn't get married.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
What do you see as innate differences between men and women? I'm sure you'll have the obvious biological ones but I'm curious about the others you'll list.
And you don't think that biology affects one's world view- as well as everything else?
FYI "early feminism" was about reforming institutions so as to give women the same legal status as men, shocking innit?
Among other things. Equality before the law still doesn't assume identity.
I'm going to be frank; the problem I see with the conversation we'll soon have is that I am less than an expert (understatement of the century) on feminism and even from my position of relative ignorance I can see how grossly unaware of anything having to do with feminism you are. The mistake you made is pretty much the equivalent of wanting to address the minutiae of a physicist research without having ever heard of gravity; the ensuing conversation can only be a low-rent, oversimplified recap of problems and discourse that have already been addressed in a most satisfying manner and that are in no way current. Being unaware of the problems, multiple viewpoints, sum of research and accumulated historical struggles and realities contemporary feminism tackles makes the whole convo a pointless caricature, like two naive painters attempting to apprehend Rothko (to use an analogy I presented in another thread).
When you can write a coherent sentence, we'll be sure to talk. You are correct about your relative ignorance though, so I'll give you that.
wink.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Among other things. Equality before the law still doesn't assume identity.
Exactly, in other words you had no idea about the realities of early feminism. It wasn't about that "identity" stuff you keep bringing up. As I mentionned that's like not knowing about gravity and trying to discuss the finer points of physics. You just don't have the tools to discuss the subject you want to discuss in any meaningful manner, all we have is your nice little opinion and you know what they say those are like...

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Thank you for not trying to answer me, it's not like you had the means to bring something interesting to the table... Stay in your lab and stop trying to discuss social sciences unless you're ready to learn before you open your trap.
What discussion? All I ever get from you is diatribe. If you want me to do your work for you, I'll tell you where to send the check.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And you don't think that biology affects one's world view- as well as everything else?
My gf actually understands biology and says that your premise is weak at best and closer to ******* marsupialed if we aren't being charitable.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
What discussion? All I ever get from you is diatribe. If you want me to do your work for you, I'll tell you where to send the check.
I edited my post so as to be less insulting, not that it wasn't sincere or anything.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
My gf actually understands biology and says that your premise is weak at best and closer to ******* marsupialed if we aren't being charitable.
My wife who is a biologist disagrees with your girlfriend and I'm being really charitable. Aren't you 16 or so? HS biology is not "understanding".
wink.gif

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have kids?

Originally Posted by NorCal
Good Lord this is pure stupidity.

The advice in the first few pages of this thread sucks balls. I doubt very much it gets better. You need to work out some compromises and division of labour. She is not alone in feeling left out/isolated by having to stay home all the time. A lot of women feel this way, it's subtly draining to be in a house, taking care of a child all day. That said, she should be pulling her weight. Taking care of the household while you are at work is a fair trade. Cooking dinner while you watch the baby after work is a way you can both get what you need, she gets a break, you get time with the kid, and you get dinner. Win Win.

Try to find a way for her to get out of the house and have some sort of social interactions. It will make a huge difference.

Ignore %99 of what people say in this thread.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
My wife who is a biologist disagrees with your girlfriend and I'm being really charitable. Aren't you 16 or so? HS biology is not "understanding".
wink.gif

You're a condescending asshole with your little smileys and coming from me that's quite the insult. At least I don't need to add a
smile.gif
when I call you out on your crass ignorance.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BahirRicha