• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I can't get my bachelors thesis done

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timotune
Thanks for the advice guys.
I will man it up now and get this freaking thesis done...

**** yeah
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I need to do the same with the CPA exam. man da **** up, me. Good luck timotune!

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're such a ******* loser! I can't get my MASTERS thesis done.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My PhD thesis is still sitting on my desk from 2013. I got distracted by the Olympic games and haven't looked at it since.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
My PhD thesis is still sitting on my desk from 2013. I got distracted by the Olympic games and haven't looked at it since.

Was your thesis on time travel? If so, I sense a Nobel in your future (past?).

Andrewc2232

Reaction score
You just have to force yourself to work on it.

I'm finishing an engineering undergrad degree, and in the last 3 weeks I've turned in over 130 pages of engineering reports. Not technically a thesis, but all told undoubtedly as large a time sink. At first I didn't think it was possible to get so much work done this semester, but as soon as you get rolling on a project you'd be surprised how quickly you can finish.

And if you are thorough in preparing your thesis, defense should be a cinch.

Of course, none of this will be possible without coffee.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outline, outline, outline. Then write and edit later. Don't worry so much. If you never procrastinated I'd call you one of those alpha-male Asian male.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP, good show -- rock that paper.
Originally Posted by Andrewc2232
You just have to force yourself to work on it. I'm finishing an engineering undergrad degree, and in the last 3 weeks I've turned in over 130 pages of engineering reports. Not technically a thesis, but all told undoubtedly as large a time sink. At first I didn't think it was possible to get so much work done this semester, but as soon as you get rolling on a project you'd be surprised how quickly you can finish. And if you are thorough in preparing your thesis, defense should be a cinch. Of course, none of this will be possible without coffee.
The thing about an engineering degree is that there are not that many things you will do that are harder. ~H

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Oh Jesus, last night I watched a Chinese university student open up a webpage and then copy, character for character, her "Thesis" on Japanese economics in relation to the earthquake. All students are required to write an economic thesis, regardless of their major. The result is that all of the blatently copy it. In her class, there were 10 people who wrote the exact the thesis. The other issue is that Chinese professors will tell students "Sorry but your thesis is terrible, you need to rewrite it *wink*" which means "You'll need to pay me money if you want to graduate."

No wonder nobody in this country knows how to ******* think, what a disaster.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which university is this?

Originally Posted by Eason
Oh Jesus, last night I watched a Chinese university student open up a webpage and then copy, character for character, her "Thesis" on Japanese economics in relation to the earthquake. All students are required to write an economic thesis, regardless of their major. The result is that all of the blatently copy it. In her class, there were 10 people who wrote the exact the thesis. The other issue is that Chinese professors will tell students "Sorry but your thesis is terrible, you need to rewrite it *wink*" which means "You'll need to pay me money if you want to graduate."

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I've heard it said that the common Chinese method for standardized test prep is for the teacher to obtain a copy of the test, show it to everyone in the class, and have them work hard to memorize all the questions and answers. Any truth to that rumor? It would seem to go hand in hand with what you're describing here.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
I've heard it said that the common Chinese method for standardized test prep is for the teacher to obtain a copy of the test, show it to everyone in the class, and have them work hard to memorize all the questions and answers. Any truth to that rumor? It would seem to go hand in hand with what you're describing here.

This is not true- they will, however, show them all the possible questions that will be covered, so they can memorize them all.

Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
Which university is this?

Beijing Normal University

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is not true- they will, however, show them all the possible questions that will be covered, so they can memorize them all.

Got it. Not exactly the same thing, but still cheating nonetheless.

An ex gf of mine, who was a white American but a bigtime Sinophile to the point of PRC apologetics, used to argue with me that this method of test prep is totally fair and does not confer undue advantages. I called bullshit and said it was sketchy as hell. I stand by my opinion.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is standard practice in Aviation. I have the PPL Confuser sitting on my shelf right now, its simply a composite of every question that has ever been asked on each test. Learn the questions -> pass the test -> fly your aircraft as simple as that.

Although I didn't complete the course it was stared practice at commercial training (OAT) as well. Each student upon going into the exam was given a number of questions to remember ( say numbers 15-20) and write them down after the exam. That way the teachers had a record of every question asked in the last 10 years and simply gave the lists to students to learn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads