• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level.

Stillblade

Reaction score
Yeah haha I actually eBay'd CPs right after I posted. Can't afford ANYTHING right now though, I'm actually trying to borrow money from my bro to cop a damn shirt off SuFu. I'm just a broke ass soon-to-be college grad who enjoys webpage shopping and whose odd job hasn't given him hours since February...

And who really should get back to studying but really doesn't want to.

mapclub

Reaction score
You do realise that if you start a 'this sneaker looks like that' argument.. it will be a long arguement..?

I thought CPs were some kind of adidas stan smith/ rod laver etc etc back when I first saw them..

I really DO hope that someone copies the CP properly though.

Either that or Nike/Adidas just re-release some OG shoe that CPs they made ages ago that looks identical.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skate shoes tend to have gum soles

this is a well known fact

aphextwin07

Reaction score
lol, how is a white shoe with a gum sole a ripoff? skate shoe companies were doing this like in the 90s. if anything CP ripped off the skate shoe industry, not the other way around. hilarious post.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
lol, how is a white shoe with a gum sole a ripoff? skate shoe companies were doing this like in the 90s. if anything CP ripped off the skate shoe industry, not the other way around. hilarious post.

This.

I'll never understand paying that kind of money for a minimalist sneaker when the OG's they're based on are still readily available.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dumb thread, but you guys are dicks. It's not ridiculous that Vans would see that CP is printing money with lux, simple versions of the same silhouettes Vans does (That's sort of CP's thing), and make a few shoes that ape the CP look.

Tony Alva wasn't wearing optic white, gum outsole eras.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can a plain white shoe be ugly? Boring maybe. What do you people think is not ugly? Seems to me like the ugliest shoes always get the most love

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
dang..

was expecting someone to link to those awesome CP knockoffs from ALDO again

pics

seany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by astris
So a shoe that was designed in 1975 by Tony Alva is a ripoff of a current pair of Common Projects? Interesting logic.

Show me a shoe from Vans that has the same all white sleek silhouette, with gum sole that came out before CP. Its not that uncommon for a clothing brand that is much older then other brands to imitate newer more popular brands and styles.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there was any ripping off in the clothing business.

So who is ripping who off when they are making rigid trousers in denim and dying it with indigo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads