• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if you could start with a wider leg pant and reverse taper it towards the thigh
laugh.gif

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knisse
I reckon i was told that Buttero only ran one size big.
Originally Posted by hendrix
IME buttero runs 2 sizes big.
Originally Posted by Biggen
From my experience they fit 1-2 sizes big.
Originally Posted by bows1
TTS for me to.
Appreciate all of the responses. So, totally fucked, trust the measurements. Got it.
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Kill The DJ: What's the link? I'm a 7.5 and have been in the market for butteros
smile.gif

Hey. I'm the same size and I'm considering it right now. If I pass I'll definitely let you know.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
teacha.gif
fuuma da best bro

fuuma is best new **** from Europe, bro, the best bro.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Haha, I think both Prorsum and YSL are out of my price range ... would like to keep it under $300, I think?
try the dior homme or ysl outlet store in cabazon, ca. i just ordered some pants from the ysl store and i think they just got in some new pants from one of the ysl stores (i think they are from last fall or summer collection). the ones i ordered were $250. they are super helpful with sending pics and getting you accurate measurements.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
serious question: would anyone care/know about DBSS if it wasnt for tyler at blackbird?
It seems like theres a couple other brands that have a similar aesthetic that NOBODY talks about. I'm not a huge DBSS fan, and I'm wondering why it gets such hype

I probably would have, though it probably would not have registered on my radar. I see a bunch of Japanese brands every season, using in trade print media, and the ones that I've liked seem to have caught on in the west to some degree, at least on the internet (Whereabouts and wjk), and some, much less so (HALB and Kiminori Morishita, which I first learned about at Alan Bilzerian.)

The internet and concerted efforts to reach outside the Japanese market (say, by attending tradeshows in the US) are both important to reaching the US market. For example, Yuketen, V::room, and Factotum might have much less traction than they do now. The first two, especially, have strong followings in the US.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nevermind. damn my tiny feet
ffffuuuu.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
serious question: would anyone care/know about DBSS if it wasnt for tyler at blackbird?

Yes, because they have what may be the best brand name ever.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Yes, because they have what may be the best brand name ever.
I feel like there are a bunch of small Japanese labels with names that are just nonsensical combos of English words. Banal Chic Bizarre, COSMIC WONDER Light Source, etc I think DBSS is on top though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads