• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen-Edmonds Player's shoe sizing, Need Help!!

tiobi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm really interested on buying my first pair of AE. I really like the player's shoe, Really nice suede wingtip but as it is my first pair i need to know what size to order, and how this style runs. I know AE has a lot of fits (called last) that's why i need to know about it. I'm overseas (Dominican Republic) and they don't carry AE shoes here. All my shoes need to be order online or when i'm on a trip to the states.

The shoe is this one:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w..._category_rn=0

I'm 9 or 9.5D in almost all my shoes and i plan to wear them without socks (so i don't want to feel them loose)

What size do you suggest i need to buy? Do they run true to size? true to width? If i got the wrong fit it would be really difficult for me to send them back for an exchange.

i hope you understand my point since my english is not that good.

Please Help, i want this shoes badly!!

countrygent

Reaction score
I think the Players Shoe is on the Executive 2 last - I have a couple of other AE's on that last, and in my limited experience, they run true to size - I take an 8D on that last, and am an 8 in most other shoes. Good luck!

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of these and I find them pretty narrow. I have a wide foot, so I almost returned them, but they have stretched a bit and fit better now.

tiobi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I have a pair of these and I find them pretty narrow. I have a wide foot, so I almost returned them, but they have stretched a bit and fit better now.

Hey PMonkey, Do you thing if you have ordered "E" width it would fitted you well? What size do you wear more often and what size did tou buy them?

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own of pair of these in sand suede.
Size? Strange at times they feel stiff /tight. In the past I ordered my other AE shoes an E width so there was almost too much room and i typically use insoles. With these players, i have no insoles and they feel snug till I've been in them a while, then they feel fine -no room for insoles and I did not order an "E" width but my normal "D" width. The sole is thick leather, which i wanted, and it is substantial. The shoe seems sturdy. i've been wearing them constantly -they work great with jeans / linen jacket IMO.
I ordered mine from AE directly and so i had a return option if the fit was not right. All in all I'd stick to my size. Fun shoes. Good to have a spring shoe that isn't a blazing white and one that looks better once its dirtied up a little.

milecargo

Reaction score
Go with your Park Avenue size. How is your sand suede holding up thus far? Looks like an original and easy-to-match color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads