• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit Shirts

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Ah damn it...

It is hard to find pics of the side & sleeve seams, anyone know what kind they have?

I would either go MTM or find really good deals and hit up the tailor

david123

Reaction score
Does anyone have a chest/waist/hip measurement for a medium ESF? I just read about 20 pages of this thread and couldn't find that. Would love to know...

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sale on a bunch of extra-slim BB for $35ish... chambrays, etc. on their site.

djlukin

Reaction score
For a normal, athletic build, slim fit shirts from BB are absolutely great. Great fit, great patterns.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how slim is ESF? the sizing chart is scaring me but my gut is telling me to stick with small across the board...

zightx

Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of Brooks Brothers shirts now.

First I ordered 14.5x32, they were too tight over the chest. Then I ordered 15x33 and they fit great. After one wash it has already shrunk and now it's to small. Thinking about contacing BB about this, any chance you could get some money back?

I'm dumping the extra slim and going with the slim fit from now on...

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
they accept returns...

Yep, pretty much an unconditional guarantee.

I bought 6 slim fit shirts in the beginning of the year to wear for work. I wore them all several times and I realized that they weren't as nice as some other shirts I purchased. Was able to return them with no questions asked (except, "were there anything wrong with them?", my answer "no") in store for a full refund. ~$400 back to kop new stuff!
devil.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
how slim is ESF? the sizing chart is scaring me but my gut is telling me to stick with small across the board...

I would say not slim, at least in the case of the sport shirts. I picked up a few shirts - an OCBD, a chambray, and a couple of flannels - and I'm probably going to get all of them tapered and darted, and I'm going to get the flannels shortened so I don't have to tuck them in.

For reference, I have a 15" neck, 40" chest, 30" waist, 35" sleeve, and I got all mediums.

I tried on a dress shirt in neck size 15, though, and it was a little too tight in the chest, so those may be sized differently than the sport shirts.

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I would say not slim, at least in the case of the sport shirts. I picked up a few shirts - an OCBD, a chambray, and a couple of flannels - and I'm probably going to get all of them tapered and darted, and I'm going to get the flannels shortened so I don't have to tuck them in. For reference, I have a 15" neck, 40" chest, 30" waist, 35" sleeve, and I got all mediums. I tried on a dress shirt in neck size 15, though, and it was a little too tight in the chest, so those may be sized differently than the sport shirts.
I think they're pretty damn slim dawg. I got a couple flannels and I'm XS in most brands, but the S fit me really well, better than XS in most brands. Should be pretty slim on you if it's a medium, because I'm a 36" chest and S fits good.

zightx

Reaction score
Maybe I should try to returning them then. Only problem is that I live outside US and the shipping cost pretty much.

But right now I got 5 shirts that doesn't fit right.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
I think they're pretty damn slim dawg. I got a couple flannels and I'm XS in most brands, but the S fit me really well, better than XS in most brands. Should be pretty slim on you if it's a medium, because I'm a 36" chest and S fits good.

Chest, neck, and sleeves are fine. They're just not very tapered, and they don't come darted. I'd include both of those in my definition of "extra slim", but hey, that's what tailors are for, right?
smile.gif

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I've been going to J Brite Cleaners for shirts, but I don't think I'd take a suit there. I might give Eugene's (http://www.eugenestailorshop.com/) a shot and see if they're any better (although I assume they'd cost a bit more).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads