• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Vegas next week; Can I wear these dress shoes with dark denim??

thesecondprize

Reaction score
Suede is a type of leather. Doubt many of those clubs are too strict; call & ask, I guess.

Black & brown don't match. Neither do black shoes & blue jeans.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thesecondprize
Suede is a type of leather. Doubt many of those clubs are too strict; call & ask, I guess.

Black & brown don't match. Neither do black shoes & blue jeans.

they are very dark jeans. what does anyone wear then with jeans and a black blazer if black and brown both dont work

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
No. Get the desert boots. Get a pair of bucks. Get a pair of weejuns. But cheap black leather shoes are a bad idea with jeans.

First rule: do not wear black dress shoes with jeans.
Second rule: do NOT wear black dress shoes with jeans.

And if your going to break the first two rules, by god man, at least wear good black dress shoes....

Originally Posted by thefastlife
they are very dark jeans. what does anyone wear then with jeans and a black blazer if black and brown both dont work

Your assuming we wear black blazers to begin with. I for one do not own a black blazer. I have a black suit for funerals and sometimes wear it when I need something to wear that I can destroy and not give a ****.

But we're talking pants. Black shoes + brown pants = off for some reason. Brown shoes with black pants = flat out wrong.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
But we're talking pants. Black shoes + brown pants = off for some reason. Brown shoes with black pants = flat out wrong.

Conversely: Black Shoes with Brown Pants: Also wrong.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP, no offense, but you need to read & lurk here for a bit and then all the things that people are saying in this thread will be completely predictable.

In the meantime, wear whatever you were intending to to Vegas. No-one will give a sh*t.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
But he does. Otherwise he wouldn't be asking.

Point taken. But the reason he cares is so that he will be able to "party/club/pick up women." How will wearing black dress shoes with jeans make that in any way more difficult?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tobiasj
Point taken. But the reason he cares is so that he will be able to "party/club/pick up women." How will wearing black dress shoes with jeans make that in any way more difficult?

Because a man's shoes are the second thing a woman looks at.

Chico2007

Reaction score
also any other clothing staples for the clubs down there? i know it depends on personal style. im more of a dark denim/dark v neck kind of guy.

i have a few nice pairs of jeans, clarks desert boots for the day time, going to order another pair of regular sneakers to walk around in, have some nice button up shirts as well as a blazer

Personal preference sure, but honestly, if you're looking to pick up girls, don't worry too much about it. If you have a decent game on your home turf you will have NO PROBLEM in Vegas.

The loafers would look better than the black lace-ups or get a pair of slim gray pants to wear with the blazer and dress shoes.

tombrokaw

Reaction score
Ah vegas, something I'm an expert on.

Are you wearing these to a club? Business conference?

Ok i see you are going to a club.

Which club? It makes a difference.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who teach picking up women for a living say merely this: dress congruently (well, unless you're peacocking).

IMO that whole "shoes are the second thing a woman looks at" is right up there with "just be yourself" and "what women want above all is a guy with a sense of humor."

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
Ah vegas, something I'm an expert on.

Are you wearing these to a club? Business conference?

Ok i see you are going to a club.

Which club? It makes a difference.

surrender, tryst, tao or ghostbar

tombrokaw

Reaction score
surrender, tryst, tao or ghostbar
Ignore what these guys say. Black leather shoes and dark jeans are practically a uniform in Vegas. You will not be hassled wearing this. Clark's or any light suede might give you problems, but probably not. No athletic shoes for sure if you want to be safe. Tao and Surrender are very picky about the dress code, I know one of the surrender doormen personally and he takes some kind of sick joy in picking out guys for dress code violations. Tryst is strict but less so, and ghostbar is whatever. All of this goes out the window if you are getting bottle service. You can wear chucks if you please. And the honest truth is that the dress level of the entire outfit is more important than any one piece. I wear vans all the time with collared shirt and blazer, tie, whatever. Just look more stylish than the average guy and you can pull it off. But if you aren't comfortable taking risks then black leather shoes, dark jeans and untucked collared shirt will have you totally fitting in.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
Ignore what these guys say. Black leather shoes and dark jeans are practically a uniform in Vegas. You will not be hassled wearing this.

Clark's or any light suede might give you problems, but probably not. No athletic shoes for sure if you want to be safe.

Tao and Surrender are very picky about the dress code, I know one of the surrender doormen personally and he takes some kind of sick joy in picking out guys for dress code violations.

Tryst is strict but less so, and ghostbar is whatever.

All of this goes out the window if you are getting bottle service. You can wear chucks if you please. And the honest truth is that the dress level of the entire outfit is more important than any one piece. I wear vans all the time with collared shirt and blazer, tie, whatever. Just look more stylish than the average guy and you can pull it off.

But if you aren't comfortable taking risks then black leather shoes, dark jeans and untucked collared shirt will have you totally fitting in.

awesome post. now i need to find a <$150 pair of OK looking loafers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads