• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ned kelly
I had a quick look at American Tailors last week.C + J benchgrade $500, handgrade $690. G + G $1200.

Originally Posted by hidepenny
that's about right, herringbone is doing about the same price i think, have they ever put them on sales?

Herringbone don't put C&Js on sale.
I'm not sure, but I think that the most expensive model offering by Herringbone costs about $600.

Originally Posted by laston
I'd like to have an Australian related whinge.

I want to buy myself a few new shirts, so I pick out a couple of Brooks Brothers Slim OCBD's off of their website and they're asking $50 shipping. Tell 'em they're dreamin!

Regrettably, Brooks Brothers only offers international shipping via Fedex, so their shipping charges are not cheap. It's best to pick up a fair bit of stuff at the one time (or see if someone else wants to order something along with you) so as to help offset shipping costs.

It's worth remembering, though, that even when shipping via US Postal Service (USPS) from the US to Australia, a lot of places (and eBay sellers) charge $38, $40, or $45 and so BB's pricing isn't too outrageous - and you get your stuff more quickly, too (usually less than a week, whereas USPS usually takes two weeks).

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB seems to be $50 no matter how much you order

when they are selling good quality chinos for $35, donnegal and flannel trousers for $100 etc a few items makes the $50 postage pretty affordable

our ***** brothers dont really realise how good they have it.

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ned kelly
I don't know if they are offered on sale. I think i was speaking to one of the owners. He felt they were competitive with internet pricing.

American Tailors usually go on sale twice a year and they will heavily discount old shoe stock. In March for example they had Rosemoor handgrade shoes for $425.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
American Tailors usually go on sale twice a year and they will heavily discount old shoe stock. In March for example they had Rosemoor handgrade shoes for $425.

wow.gif

Then how cheap can their benchgrade ones go?!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bummer. I was hoping they put them on sale to something like $300. (Just noticed how much SF has changed me. last year I wouldn't even buy a pair of shoes for more than $100
eh.gif
)

By the way PG where do you get your shoes serviced and get shoe care products.
Looking to get some toe protection for a pair where toes are wearing down faster than I like, get some topys on a new pair and some reddish brown shoe cream.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laston
I'd like to have an Australian related whinge.

I want to buy myself a few new shirts, so I pick out a couple of Brooks Brothers Slim OCBD's off of their website and they're asking $50 shipping. Tell 'em they're dreamin!

Get used to it most OS retailers change exorbitant fees for international shipping I just bought a pair of corduroy trousers off STP and they cost $90 with $37 delivery but still cheaper and better quality than I could pick up here.

Mind you JH never mentioned this aspect of online shopping did he!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just popped out to check prices of topys. $70 and $55 at 2 different places. Sort of expected a little less to apply some glue and slap a piece of rubber on the sole
eh.gif
. Are those fair prices? I was thinking they're more around $40.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bit dodgy. I have had my shoes done for $28 - but turned out the cobbler used "˜Paris' rather than "˜Topy'. Apparently, Paris is Topy's poor cousin and is less likely to last.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yep way to expensive. Topy's usually go for between $30 and $40.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coombs do a pretty proper job for $30 - they set the rubber flush with sole and use genuine Topy... haven't had any issues with rubber peeling off any pairs I've had done there....

They do charge extra to re-stitch Blake stitching though (I think $45 with a Topy), but most of the time I've had the Topy done before the stitches needed replacing.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where in Melbourne (hopefully around the conservative business dress) do you recommend getting topy done? Turns out I need them urgently as the way I walk seem to wear down the toes very fast as well (gravel paths and concrete pavement not helping either
frown.gif
). edit: I'll keep Coombs in mind when I go down to Sydney
biggrin.gif
probabably next year or so when I kill my blaked boots and get them resoled there.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Where in Melbourne (hopefully around the conservative business dress) do you recommend getting topy done? Turns out I need them urgently as the way I walk seem to wear down the toes very fast as well (gravel paths and concrete pavement not helping either
frown.gif
).

edit: I'll keep Coombs in mind when I go down to Sydney
biggrin.gif
probabably next year or so when I kill my blaked boots and get them resoled there.

What suburb do you live in and what suburbs do you go through to get the work (in conservative business dress?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads