• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

afc345

Reaction score
Damn, those look good. How long have you been wearing them?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the xx013's slubby as well? - can't tell from BiGs photos, but they don't look like it.

dawei94

Reaction score
its the same denim as the 005, but tapered below the knee

abeezy21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Are the xx013's slubby as well? - can't tell from BiGs photos, but they don't look like it.
very slubby/hairy ......
photo-30.jpg

aaronxxx

Reaction score
denim so slubby it'll make you want to slap your momma

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious - liking my 007s so much I'm considering another purchase in a few months.

djbj6t9

Reaction score
Some close up's + Flat Head chain for sale, check my listings
693a12c1.jpg
5897b90e.jpg
f712ba4f.jpg
5ebf12d5.jpg
a57829cb.jpg

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got some PBJ 007s in one wash and I tried on sizes 28 29 and 30. Size 28 was unbelievably tight and would never work out. Size 29 is very tight, and I just barely was able to button all the buttons (on an empty stomach in the morning) Size 30 is kinda tight, but I could see the waist stretching a bit too much for my liking. So I'm wearing the size 29s right now and they're sitting at my hip bones right now, where my waist is the widest. Despite them being very tight (I can't put anything in my front pockets), should I wait it out and let them stretch in the waist? I like how the thighs and calves fit in the 29, but I don't like how the thighs and calves are in the 30. Pics in size 29:
Photo%20Mar%2009%2C%201%2054%2006%20PM.jpg
Photo%20Mar%2009%2C%201%2054%2024%20PM.jpg
Photo%20Mar%2009%2C%201%2054%2040%20PM.jpg
These are kinda tight in the thighs, which is surprising becuase I'm really skinny and these are practically skinny jeans now.. similar to my dior 19 cm fit. Thoughts? I don't like how low of a rise this cut is.. everything else is perfect.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
wow. thats an incredible fit.

i think your wise to stick with the 29 if you plan to wear for several months w/o washing. the thighs will give 1/4" - 1/2" so you will have to be the judge on whether or not they will be to your liking after they stretch out. but i think they look great.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
wow. thats an incredible fit. i think your wise to stick with the 29 if you plan to wear for several months w/o washing. the thighs will give 1/4" - 1/2" so you will have to be the judge on whether or not they will be to your liking after they stretch out. but i think they look great.
thanks! am seriously considering keeping these now edit: my biggest concern isn't the thighs. it's the rise. as it stands now, i kind of have to sag these to get them comfortable with my crotch region, otherwise I feel like they're kinda uncomfortable on my balls. if only the rise were higher, these would be perfect.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GreenFrog - I'm liking your fit. They'll give enough to be comfortable, so stick with them! xx007 Updates: One soak, one wash - almost 3 months of daily wear (5x week) Double cuff was starting to show wear, so undid that and have had stacks going for about a month. Don't want to wear through the hem like I did to my raw 514s.
2011-03-09%2B12.21.10.jpg
2011-03-09%2B12.21.56.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
thanks! am seriously considering keeping these now

edit: my biggest concern isn't the thighs. it's the rise. as it stands now, i kind of have to sag these to get them comfortable with my crotch region, otherwise I feel like they're kinda uncomfortable on my balls. if only the rise were higher, these would be perfect.

yeah, that pbj cut is a true low-rise so you will want to sag slightly to remove the cb. from the pic it really doesnt look bad at all ... that is how they should fit.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will the waist stretch enough such that:

a) I can sag them to accomodate for the ultra low rise
b) My crotch wont asphyxiate and have room to breathe
c) I can fit stuff into my pockets (iphone and keys)

I had to really, really try hard to button these all the way up. The last (top) two were the hardest.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to echo the good fit comments, but if they were really that difficult to button up.. maybe the picture is a bit misleading. I think it's good to have 'girdle-like' waist area (top 5 inches say) with new jeans, so if the thigh isn't too tight (can you pinch out at least 1" of spare denim?) you should be okay. The waist will give, but it won't come easily as with APCs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads