• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davesmith
theoretically.. could a tailor stick a vent in??

If, at the same time, you take in the waist and skirt, it probably could be done. Not really a standard job though.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
If, at the same time, you take in the waist and skirt, it probably could be done. Not really a standard job though.

Yea im thinking theres alot more to it than just adding a vent if you want it done right.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Just ran across a J Press navy blazer if anyone is interested for $8 at my local thrift store:

No tags on size, but a quick measurement showed something probably closest to a 38R:

- 17.5-18" shoulders
- 19-20" pit to pit
- 31" BOC length
- 24.5" sleeves

About the blazer:
- brass buttons
- 3 button, 2 on the underside of the roll. (Would this be called a 3-roll-1 ?!?)
- wool is slightly fuzzier in both looks and feel than a typical suit

(all measurements are very rough)

If anyone wants this I can pick it up and ship it your way

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just passes for me for a few days. Probably just as well, I have a tailor bill coming soon.

In case anyone cares, the passes were
Black AE Strands in 10.5C Two widths too small for me, but still on their original soles and not wearing on the threads at the front yet.

Black vintage Florsheim Imperials. I was glad to see these just days after I'd read a post (somewhere on SF) describing the ways to distinguish the different lines and thought "really, green threads?" Yep. Green threads. Unfortunately, someone had resoled them using a really weird spongey soles.
facepalm.gif
Same guy had dropped off more than one pair of shoes, there was another pair in the same size with the same sole.

H. Freeman suit, 44R (one size too large for me). Not sure I could have pulled it off anyway. Bluish-gray with red and gold stripes. Suble, not overpowering, but I'm still not sure I'm there yet!

Hopefully better luck next time.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkidd41011
Not as cool as the above Florsheim's, but I picked up an oddball pair of shoes. They are made by Gordon & Bros. appear to be made in Germany. They look to have been worn a couple times. Retail over in Europe translates to about $150.00 US. I paid $4.50 for them. What impressed me is they have a thick leather sole.

They look like this but on a lighter brown:

http://translate.google.com/translat...26prmd%3Divnsb

Pictures of the shoes after some conditioning.

DSC02759.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02760.jpg

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Wow - even at $150 retail, those look like one helluva shoe. Nice score!

These might be the best shoes I've ever thrifted for under $5.00 (save the Vintage adidas Haillet/Stan Smith's). I found the company's website. It appears they produce a range of shoes from entry level to better made. Based and the model number they are an older shoe. I think they may be Goodyear welted.

http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

hyakku

Reaction score
Wow great day for me personally in terms of streetwear. Got a dress belt, some RL jeans, 514 Corduroys, some random armani jeans that are pretty unique, a NWT J. Crew Blazer that fits me perfectly, a leather messenger bag (nothing too crazy but I'll get pics up later), a ferragamo tie, a pair of vintage Aviators, anther pair of Gucci glasses in the same line of the last ones I found (these are a bit darker), and finally some really really sick Italian made boots, gonna post pics up later to see if anyone knows about them but they are by someone called Cesare J., its their Homme line, not really sure who but the quality feels good, leather feels nice and supple still. It fits me, although it rubs my pinky toe since my pinky is kind of awkward. Usually i'm a size 9.5, these are Italian size 8 so around 9 but the length is fine. Wanna get some pics up ASAP for you all as I think they may be a find that I don't know about yet.

Passed on some Paul Smith jeans (34), and other things. Also, there were some RLPL Linen white pants, 36". Normally I would've bought them for someone up here but not too many people wear linen pants plus I already told someone up here that I think fits them so they may have grabbed them, but if I see them tomorrow and anyone is interested I can grab them. I would've loved them for myself personally, but I know white and linen on pants don't fly with a lot of people.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by krspdla
I'm guessing it'll need taking in too? Does anyone have any idea how much those three alterations should cost?

edit: double post, sorry didn't realize no one else had replied

jkidd41011;4203559 said:

Please lace these the proper way. Ty

cheers

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
k4lnamja;4204188 said:
Originally Posted by jkidd41011

Please lace these the proper way. Ty

cheers

And what is your preference? There are like 35 ways to lace shoes so it comes down to what one likes.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Nice pickups today. 3 Zegna and 1 Brioni tie. Will probably throw all of these on the B&S forum since they're not really my style.
DSC00383.jpg
DSC00386.jpg
Also found a pair of black Zanella wool in really nice condition. And a brand new unhemmed pair of navy blue Jil Sander pants that were made of cotton, nylon and spandex. Both just need a few slight alterations and will be good to go. Paid $9 total for both pairs of pants.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads