• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chipotle Thread

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Yeah. I got a bowl recently for dinner and couldn't finish it. Too much ****.

I don't think I'm going back to Chipotle because I inevitably get a stomach ache afterward.

This happened to me a few times..then I discovered I have an allergy to avocado. Now I order without.

i see you are from the capital district. Chipotle is popping up all over. Stuyvesant Plaza one is packed all the time.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still think for the concept, Q-doba and Baja Fresh both taste better. I'm not sure if the ingredients are as environmentally conscious ...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you want to increase the "health" aspect, you can go with the bowl (those tortillas have a *ton* of calories...I don't have any idea what they put in them) and skip the cheese/sour cream.

Of course when I go to chipotle I am not thinking about health and I want some stretchy melted cheese and some fresh sour cream!

I almost always go with the barbacoa..occasionally the pork if it looks particularly good (and if the container has clearly been freshly refilled). Sometimes I will do the vegetarian one for the free guac (although the pinto beans have meat products in them so its not vegetarian if you go that way) if I am feeling cheap.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I still think for the concept, Q-doba and Baja Fresh both taste better. I'm not sure if the ingredients are as environmentally conscious ...

When chipotle was doing the free burrito promo for dressing up as a processed food (as opposed to their usual annual "dress as a burrito" promo)...

I wrapped myself in tin-foil and said "I'm a Q'doba burrito"!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chipotle is a guilty pleasure that I have been indulging in way too frequently as of late. It's next to my metrorail stop, so it's my go-to stop after a night of happy hour drinking. My two standbys: (1) chicken burrito with black beans, sour cream, chili corn, and cheese, and (2) carnitas fajita burrito with guacamole, chili corn, and cheese.

Storm33

Reaction score
Carnitas bowl with black beans, a drizzle of the hottest red sauce, dab of SC and cheese.

Been eating there for a couple of years; liked the concept so I bought stock about a year ago. Time will tell whether it was a good idea, but right now it sure does...

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
I don't.

But their overall concept is why it beats the competition.

Do you prefer McDonald's? I'm sorry but if you don't enjoy Chipotle I think it's safe to assume that you don't have taste buds.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy Chipotle. I am always forced whether to go veggie and get the free guac or order with meat and go w/o guac.

Didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if it's already been linked to, but this is pretty cool. You build your burrito and it tells you the nutritional info regarding your burrito. Like somebody up above said, it is amazing how many calories the tortilla adds.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Do you prefer McDonald's? I'm sorry but if you don't enjoy Chipotle I think it's safe to assume that you don't have taste buds.
their rice is consistently dry. their meats use americanized seasoning. There are literally thousands of burrito places in California which taste better. Chipotle doesn't even taste better than other American chains, however, like I said, their concept is better. Let's be real, what's the real reason people prefer chipotle to mexican burritos or taquerias? you can see what they are cooking you don't trust the cleanliness of mexican places you like bright lighting, AC or heat when appropriate you know they will speak english they are pretty fast the menu is simple, you won't spend 5 minutes trying to figure out what a Torta is because they don't have Tortas you know this burrito tastes the same (bland) as it did at the last chipotle you went to you have been afraid of Mexican gangbangers every since you downloaded Training Day off torrent Like I said, I fully agree this is a winning concept and solves most of the pain most Americans have with mexican restaurants

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had Chipotle last week for the first time in probably 2 years. Steak fajita burrito. Very delicious.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
the menu is simple, you won't spend 5 minutes trying to figure out what a Torta is because they don't have Tortas
OT, but I ******* love a good Torta. I really need to see what all the Hype is about in Cali.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a vegetarian, Chipotle is awesome. Also, I don't suffer from "****** Chipotle"itis like some of you others.

Good fresh rice, black beans, fresh tomatoes for salsa, tasty red tomatillo sauce, corn, lettuce, guacamole, and cheese.

Yum.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Had the soft tacos for lunch - both beans, veggies, no rice, sour cream on the side (they go nuts with that ******* spoon). 1 pork, 1 chicken, 1 shredded beef. Awesome lunch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads