• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you guys ever do belts?

Would be so down for a narrower, black belt with a simple minimalistic buckle so bad. Been looking for something like that for ages.

edit: should read new posts, before posting. but make the belts!

Vicarius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lucidy

First thoughts:
Fox fur is removable, not that you would want to take it off. Very warm, pockets are nice and big (and lined). I can only get the hood to "stay up" properly if the top buttons are done. Going to test this out in some Canadian winter!

if you sort of fold the back of the hood it stays up even without buttoning it up all the way

twenty-three

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
No you don't.
frown.gif

+1 !!!
frown.gif
it has been so cold here. i havent had a chance to wear my newest toj jacket yet.

clark kent

Reaction score
so i've heard on a few forums that my toj wv fits really bad. i really think it fits perfect, but any other opinions? im 5"7 130 pounds, the jacket is a 44 with 1.5 inches added to the body length.
spab9g.jpg
2itkm6b.jpg

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
looks fine man. the winter one is supposed to be puffy like that. it's warm right?

linguist, i don't get why it doesn't work. could you elaborate?

computurd

Reaction score
I really dont get why a lot of people here seem to get 1.5-2 inches added. It seems like all of the ones in B&S have added length

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have long arms. I got an inch added. I probably could have been fine with the stock arms on my 48, but I wanted to have no chance of getting my dainty wrists exposed to the cold.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
I don't get the fascination with really short jackets some peeps on here have. A while back in the old thread there were lots of fit pics of jackets that were really short and ended almost above the belt. It looked ridiculous. Of course they can get too long also. You want to hit the sweet spot, but a little too long looks better than a little too short IMO. I guess it's all subjective in the end...

PPS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by computurd
I really dont get why a lot of people here seem to get 1.5-2 inches added. It seems like all of the ones in B&S have added length

Its because this wv fits big in the first place, so downsize 1 and add length is the solution.

Wang03

Reaction score
the fit above looks good, it's just the angle of the photo.

i had 1 in added in body length and it came out exactly how i wanted it.
It's a winter varsity, can't have it cut too short

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads