• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Thomas
I got such a killer deal (half off) because neither pair had a box (did get extra laces and travel bags) so I'm not 100 percent sure the color. The sales person said they were chili, but when compared to other chili colored shoes the color was quite a bit different.

Fairhavens are in chilli color. These were discontinued quite a while ago, may be 7-8 years ago or may be even before that. I got mine off ebay some 5 years ago. Really the last on these Fairhavens.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Poshak Man
Fairhavens are in chilli color. These were discontinued quite a while ago, may be 7-8 years ago or may be even before that. I got mine off ebay some 5 years ago. Really the last on these Fairhavens.

What's the best method of polishing the chili Fairhavens? What polish is recommended. I love the color and would hate to change it any.

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Heads up.
Spring 2011 Catalogue is available.
A lot of weave models. The 'Player' looks great and a lot of mainstays for those catching up or starting out (Macneil, etc).
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...Id=40000000001

I think the Player shoe has been around for a least 6 months... maybe more. I agree that it's a good looking shoe. I've been looking for a deal on either blue or brown for a while now.

I find the McTavish and the Elgin both look very interesting (p.25).
What exactly is wax infused leather? or waxy leather? Something to stay away from?

hobo_ken

Reaction score
Just picked up the Player in sand today. I agree, it's a great shoe and perfect for spring.

Montauk

Reaction score
Looks like the usual mix of classic and hideous shoes, none photographed to advantage.

Those strawfut specs are delicious.

jasonmarshalljazz

Reaction score
IMG00504-20110204-1556.jpg
player in special width (3E) just for me

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I generally don't purchase more than one pair of shoes in the same model, but I may be compelled to purchase the Strawfut in both brown/brown and brown/linen. They are absolutely righteous.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what last the Strawfut is on?

JDMills

Reaction score
The strawfut is on the 5 last I believe (which is just awesomeness)
smile.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Anybody know what last the Strawfut is on?

5 Last, same as Park Avenue and Strand.

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I generally don't purchase more than one pair of shoes in the same model, but I may be compelled to purchase the Strawfut in both brown/brown and brown/linen. They are absolutely righteous.

Dayum! You just might be right. I was thinking about one pair - but two...?

If SF gets behind the Strawfut, AE may have another winner (next to the Strand).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads