• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty similar to what I posted the other day, took the pic for the slim fit khaki thread, figured I'd post it here. ocbd is too long (need to see if it will shrink in the dryer and then find a tailor in the urban wasteland I call home), I wish I had something other than work boots (suede tricker's boots wold look dope with this fit IMO), and not so sure why the shirt jacket makes it look like I'm so pudgy, I swear I'm not.
img0756ip.jpg

SimonT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Dior ass-sag must look weird with all of your clothes Simon. Don't see a point in wearing a belt with them, you may as well get other jeans.

I don't really see what's the problem with them ?the fit is really similar to a APC new cure/cure for example

pneumo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonT
Jeans : Dior MIM
Chambray shirt : Chambray by Monoprix (French supermarket)
tie : J Crew
flannel Sportcoat : B. Garbo (French brand)
Derbies : Markowski (French brand)
Gloves : JB Guanti

I like this
smile.gif

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
So happy that weather is warming up. Sad about hair.
frown.gif

tumblr_lfz41eBzmb1qcq3ab
Have to join in the praise of this. At least one element I couldn't have imagined looking good but the result is very good indeed.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really see what's the problem with them ?the fit is really similar to a APC new cure/cure for example
They aren't really the same, don't have the same silhouette and are a bit incongruent with your aesthetic. APC's you can dress a couple of ways but I don't you can say the same with Diors.

SimonT

Reaction score
They aren't really the same, don't have the same silhouette and are a bit incongruent with your aesthetic. APC's you can dress a couple of ways but I don't you can say the same with Diors.

I really, really don't see what you're trying to say about my jeans ?

For example, what brand do you suggest to replace them ?

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
You're the only guy that's said it so far but I'm guessing it's the lack of cuff, meaning from a distance you can't tell if it's tucked or not. If that's it, sucks for me since I don't have the vertical room to cuff without the trousers turning into kvc-style (sorry buddy no hate
redface.gif
)

Different strokes, but I agree w/ Jet on this one. Chunky shoes or low boots w/ funky wool socks would be more win here IMHO. Looks a little matchy w/ jacket. I guess the way your wearing it does give off a more clean/military vibe though.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior ass-sag must look weird with all of your clothes Simon. Don't see a point in wearing a belt with them, you may as well get other jeans.
APCs would be a little to mundane here IMO. It would still look sharp, a la Garoche, but I think the Dior sag kinda' gives a little more irreverent attitude (which you can't see in the pictures, obviously). I agree somewhat with your belt statement, as I feel a bit guilty when I do this myself. However, sometimes it just looks right. Usually, not.

SimonT

Reaction score
guys, i'm wearing those clothes at work... irrevent attitude ok... but not too much with my clients !

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Jeans : Dior MIM
Chambray shirt : Chambray by Monoprix (French supermarket)
tie : J Crew
flannel Sportcoat : B. Garbo (French brand)
Derbies : Markowski (French brand)
Gloves : JB Guanti

perfect.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so nice.

anyone know if someone is selling a similar ss scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads