• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

marg

Reaction score
2009 infiniti g37x coupe. white with cream on the inside. beautiful car, but already a pain in the balls. lots of small issues, but at least they were covered under warranty.

those scheduled maintenance checks will murder your wallet. my 30,000mi checkup cost me ~490. next time i will buy a lexus or bmw that includes all scheduled maintenance.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
guy on phone told me even audi care doesn't cover all maintenance needs. anyway, found local audi guy to do service for 425, literally half as much as the dealer and probably just as competent/incompetetnt.

Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Are you serious? The Audi warranty with my A6 definitely covered scheduled maintenance. What kind of work are they saying needs to be done to the car? Maybe it's different in NY for some reason but the audi dealership in MA that I used covered pretty much everything under my warranty, unless they have changed their policies since I last owned my audi a year ago.

-LR

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they seem to dance around regualr maintenance

* Audi provides four year or 50,000 mile coverage for the entire vehicle. This is a bumper-to-bumper policy that covers everything for defects and faulty workmanship. The warranty does not generally cover items that are damaged in accidents or are damaged by the vehicle owner. Items that wear out due to wear and tear are not generally included under the warranty, but there are a few exceptions. The warranty does include replacement for the halogen bulbs in the headlights and the bulbs in the instrument panel.
* Emissions equipment is covered for 5 years or 50,000 miles.
* The drive train warranty may offer coverage beyond the basic warranty, depending on the model. The drive train warranty includes the transmission, engine, driveshaft and drive axles. Most engine internals are covered, but belts and hoses are not.
* A corrosion warranty is provided for 12 years. It is not limited by the number of miles driven. This warranty covers Audi body parts made of sheet metal that develop holes due to rust. Rust that does not eat completely through the metal is not included in the warranty coverage. The coverage provides for the repair or replacement of parts that are perforated by rust.
* The Audi Advantage Program is included with every new Audi. This program provides free maintenance for the vehicle for the first year or 5,000 miles. The free maintenance includes all scheduled maintenance during the covered period. This may be adding power steering, brake or washer fluid as well as an oil change.
* The Audi Advantage Program also provides coverage for certain vehicle parts that may need replacements during the first four years or 50,000 miles. This includes the clutch lining, wiper blade inserts, light bulbs and brake pads. It also includes wheel balance and alignment and adjustments of the headlights, even if these are needed because of wear and tear to the vehicle.
* Roadside assistance is included in the Audi warranty. This service is available 24 hours a day for four years. There is no limit on the mileage for those four years.
* Some Audi models have had their warranties extended to cover the engine for eight years. These include 1.8 liter engines on the Passat from 1998-2004 and the Audi A4s from 1997-2004. These engines have been known to have problems with sludge and are covered from eight years from the original sale date of the vehicle.
* To keep the vehicle under warranty during its eligible time, there are a few maintenance and repair requirements. Unless the repairs are needed during an emergency situation, all repairs must be done at an Audi dealership. The replacement parts used are not required to be new. If aftermarket accessories or systems are installed, any damage they cause will void the warranty for those items.
* Regular maintenance, as outlined in the Audi owner's manual, must be performed in order to keep the vehicle eligible for the warranty. Customers need to have documentation to show that regular maintenance has been performed.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7127.jpg
IMG_7129_2.jpg
Just bought my first car a week ago!

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
guy on phone told me even audi care doesn't cover all maintenance needs. anyway, found local audi guy to do service for 425, literally half as much as the dealer and probably just as competent/incompetetnt.
Interesting. Well it still seems ridiculous to me that audi wont cover it under audi care or whatever that extra warranty policy is called. Anyways, glad to hear that you found someone reputable that will do the work for half the price. -LR

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
audi 35000 mile service- $850
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

cheapest of 4 estimates

sounds realistic.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to this it should cover the 35k service. I've found the competency/scumbagness of VW/Audi dealers varies between each dealership.
http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/...ewvehbro09.pdf

Beware though, getting service done somewhere other than the dealership will generally void your warranty. If you're capable, maybe just do it yourself. After all, it is essentially an oil change and tire rotation. Something that you could accomplish in under an hour with very minimal automotive experience.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New whip. I live really close to AWE, so I'm going to take the car there and put some springs or coilovers on it and some wheel spacers. Might get some bigger wheels but I like the stock ones.
photo.jpg

MrLlama

Reaction score
2008 c300 4matic. You all may say "LOL a stupid C-class!" Although I understand your argument, it was purchased while I was still a senior in high school.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads