• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The King's Speech Film - a Critique

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My woman comes out in this movie, so I must check it out!!

Downloading right now...

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
My woman comes out in this movie, so I must check it out!!

Downloading right now...

1. was it real? most of the torrents I saw were either outed as fake, or otherwise, just seemed fake (eg. identical file names and file sizes as the ones that were outed as fake) 2. how was the quality? 3. if all above is satisfactory...where to kop?

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
1. was it real? most of the torrents I saw were either outed as fake, or otherwise, just seemed fake (eg. identical file names and file sizes as the ones that were outed as fake)

2. how was the quality?

3. if all above is satisfactory...where to kop?

All the files I have downloaded have been fake so far.

LordWanker

Reaction score

Why waste the experience watching some poor-quality cam-shot copy? See it in the theater and if you're really that cheap see it during the matinee times when the ticket prices are discounted.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LordWanker
Why waste the experience watching some poor-quality cam-shot copy? See it in the theater and if you're really that cheap see it during the matinee times when the ticket prices are discounted.

Poor-quality cam-shot copy? Please. Most leaks nowadays are DVD rips or bluray rips.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Poor-quality cam-shot copy? Please. Most leaks nowadays are DVD rips or bluray rips.

But is spending an hour spent finding a decent copy worth not just paying to see it in theater?

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
But is spending an hour spent finding a decent copy worth not just paying to see it in theater?

That doesn't make any sense. You actually spend more time getting to the theater than doing a 5 minute search to find the movie online. It is fucked up, but it's just too easy to download stuff.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 - I went for option 2!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score

damn...well let me know if a real one pops up and I'll do the same for you.

I live in a place where it has not been released (and is unlikely to be).

Argyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
anything that encourages the proliferation of the Australian accent has my complete support. Now I want to see it.

Yep.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday - loved it. Best film I've seen in a long time.

madmadigan

Reaction score
"My doctors have said smoking will help my condition"

"They're idiots"

"They've all been knighted"

"Makes it official then"

biggrin.gif

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched the movie last night. It's fantastic. A bit sappy, sentimental, cutesy (the therapist pissed me off) and strained. But powerful nonetheless. It's a feel-good movie, not the type of movie that will be remembered for decades, but a movie that makes you feel damn good while your watching it. It's a real crowd pleaser, intertwining the battle between HRHKG and his stutter and the war between England and the Nazis (let 'em burn). The final scene is very moving, and the sensation you get when watching it on the large screen, with the music (Mozart) timed perfectly to the speech, is powerful indeed.

The movie made me nostalgic for the types of rulers the world used to have. Seeing his royalty, the affection of his subjects and the responsibility he felt towards them, I couldn't help but think that I'd have been a redcoat in 1776. British monarchy>American democracy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads