• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Stretch Denim

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If OP is having such a difficult time moving in non-stretch denim, there's something wrong.

Denim isn't made to run 800s in it.

Seriously though - just about any washed mall brand will work, Applewine. The preference on here for thick, stiff denim is universal, but it's different among the masses.

And I can't believe I'm recommending this on SF, but PacSun will usually offer ultra-slim cuts in small waist sizes. I believe there's some elastane in the mix too.

For real though - if you just wear almost any pair of jeans for long enough, it becomes the softest article in your wardrobe...

Applewine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
What are you doing that requires you to move so much, seriously?

It is the cut that makes it hard to move. The safado by diesel feels constructive. The slim straight by lucky does not but is looser. The slim bootleg by lucky feels awesome because you can totally move without the jeans feeling tight or stiff. They are 4% elastin for men.

I could just get a slightly looser cut, but something like the diesel safado, but with stretch would look cool and feel comfortable. I need a narrow ankle for no. Sneaker shoes. The lucky slim bootleg is huge foot opening the goes under the shoe unless you are wearing sneakers.

Applewine

Reaction score
I'e bought PAC sun before and the denim is like contructipn paper cardboard, but the cut is pretty good. I'm near 100% sure they don't use elastin at all, certainly not in any I ever saw.

coolits20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
stretch jeans is purely for guys who want some feminine aesthetics/lines to their jeans/legs. nothing wrong with that.
i say just buy some 7 for mankind jeans. aint nothing wrong with wearing a pair of unisex jeans too.

yeah there is nothing wrong with stretch jeans...it doesn't really matters..the thing is it is comfy with the person who is wearing it..
eh.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Applewine
I'e bought PAC sun before and the denim is like contructipn paper cardboard, but the cut is pretty good. I'm near 100% sure they don't use elastin at all, certainly not in any I ever saw.
Wash it a generous amount of times, and it loosens. Also with wear.

Humperdink

Reaction score
RRL produces high-quality women's denim with 2-4% spandex that look unisex - they're just low-rise, skinny-tight jeans without any distinguishing markings. If you can fit size 32 or smaller, you should be able to find them at most RRL stores and every once in awhile they pop up at Polo outlets.

Applewine

Reaction score
I'll look at 7, but may not have the right cut like diesel. I've tried on wome'ns jeans before and they do not fit right unless you get the lose ones which defeats the point. The women's jeans don't have a crotch cut in the right shape and really I want a look with not skin tight just some elastin so it's comfortable. If you have tried on the diesel safado you would know what I mean. Safado is not their skin tight cut either.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Applewine
I'll look at 7, but may not have the right cut like diesel. I've tried on wome'ns jeans before and they do not fit right unless you get the lose ones which defeats the point. The women's jeans don't have a crotch cut in the right shape and really I want a look with not skin tight just some elastin so it's comfortable. If you have tried on the diesel safado you would know what I mean. Safado is not their skin tight cut either.

i like the safado but im generally not into straight leg it looks sort of messy from knee down and that is safado's problem as it is too straight with no taper.

i like a slim thigh/top block through the knee with taper or if a boot cut a minor flare from mid leg.
i find the diesel louvely (woman's cut) a good jean in a larger size it fits really well but it is really low rise.

Applewine

Reaction score
I'm finding some brands which may have good looking jeans with 2% stretch, which may be enough. If they have stores near me I'll give that a try. Most designer brands have stretch, but diesel does not it looks like (stupid), I just did't know about the others. For this price they should have stretch, a cool cut, a cool texture wash, and smooth good feeling denim that isn't thin or thick and tough but softer and light. That is what I liked about the Lucky I bought, but even few of theirs are like that now.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
diesel is not a designer brand....

its an expensive douche brand similar to ed hardy but less offensive

Applewine

Reaction score
I saw that site but did't see a cut that looked right and the categories were confusing. I'll take another look later. Saw you found a 5%, but I don't like the way that looked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads