• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I just say...I LOVE Marshalls

mmkn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course you can. Shout it out! LOVING something makes you feel good, if only for a while.

- M

BLU8

Reaction score
I've bought a number of ties from Marshalls/TJ Maxx that were made by Haines & Bonner, & I love 'em. They look & feel pretty nice. Probably not up to SF standards, but I certainly enjoy wearing them.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haines & Bonner ties are nice and well made. I just can never get the keeper buttonhole to match up with my shirt
confused.gif

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
If you type "Tommy Hilfiger tie" or "Sean John tie" into Google Shopping, you'll see that they retail for about $30.

You saved 60-70%, but those ties really are likely sub-par quality and will not last very long.

You'd be better off thrifting. Lots of high end stuff to be found for pennies.

I don't mean to come across defensive, I'm just making an observation, but just the other day someone posted about wanting to buy ties that cost > $50 and "look it". Everyone chimed in about how ties, within reason, are only going to be known by someone with a keen eye.

If a tie has a good pattern, decent weight, no loose threads, and overall good "feel" to it...what's the harm?

East Oakland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
I don't mean to come across defensive, I'm just making an observation, but just the other day someone posted about wanting to buy ties that cost > $50 and "look it". Everyone chimed in about how ties, within reason, are only going to be known by someone with a keen eye.

If a tie has a good pattern, decent weight, no loose threads, and overall good "feel" to it...what's the harm?

If you are happy with mediocre or below average items because you think no one will know the difference anyway, why bother wasting your time on a men's clothing forum?

And did you really need to start a thread about how you bought some cheap department store ties at Marshall's?

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East Oakland
If you are happy with mediocre or below average items because you think no one will know the difference anyway, why bother wasting your time on a men's clothing forum?

And did you really need to start a thread about how you bought some cheap department store ties at Marshall's?

You know, I was just trying to get out there and get involved in this forum community. Never once did I try to pass the ties off as some grand purchase. Why are you such a dick to a new member? I'm here for advice and it seems that this thread has really taken off, so the only wasted space in here is your post which didn't contribute to anything.

I have no desire to get into an argument about anything. Just a friendly post about a recent contribution to my wardrobe that I thought I would share and maybe get some [constructive] feedback

Benzito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rgoldstein
lol8[1].gif

The Marshall's near me always has a ridiculous number of PRL custom fit OCBDs. I went once and bought like 3 for less than 100 bucks. They always have a ridiculous number of Hickey Freeman shirts (which, btw...does anyone know what the fit is like on those?) and the occasional Gitman Bros in a 18 1/2 - 31 or whatever other useless size.

The number of times the word ridiculous is posted in this post is ridiculous.

peteypistol

Reaction score
In the last week I have picked up at marshalls:

2 RLP ocbd's for 29.99 each
2 RLP navy and black lambswool sweaters 39.99 each
1 RLP yellow pima cotton sweat 24.99

also saw plenty of D&G dress shirts for 99.99 (maybe theyll hit clearance)

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East Oakland

Have some animal crackers and juice and try to play nice with teh new kid

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Every Marshalls I've been in is sub-TJ Maxx.

That has been my experience too.

Marshalls has some great deals, every so often. However, 99.9% of the store is junk.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
That has been my experience too.

Marshalls has some great deals, every so often. However, 99.9% of the store is junk.

The signs in the store advertise it as a "treasure hunt."

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member