• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Look beezies, the tie is for looking, not for grabbing to get my attention. I know it's sparkly and blue but you can put your hand on my junk to get my attention instead.

Have you tried hanging it from the waist? two birds one stone

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
ffffuuuu.gif
pants are all 29-30. Gotta get to that gym, looks like. I like how the rest of the pants there don't match any of the suit jackets lol.

I have the opposite +J-gym-legs problem. ****'s like wool tights on me
ffffuuuu.gif

tit_tyrant

Reaction score
Just took a dress shirt to a local tailor to slim down the sleeves, but he said it can't be done and told me I won't be able to find shirts that fit online and to buy from him. So he brings out a shirt that will fit me and I try it on to find the sleeves are still too baggy (for my tastes).

His shirt costs $75 but I am contemplating just trying out ModernTailor or a similar website. I guess it's time to troll through the MTM shirt threads. I swear I read about other people having their sleeves slimmed though.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your tailor is hustling you. Find a different one.

bryanayrb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tit_tyrant
Just took a dress shirt to a local tailor to slim down the sleeves, but he said it can't be done and told me I won't be able to find shirts that fit online and to buy from him. So he brings out a shirt that will fit me and I try it on to find the sleeves are still too baggy (for my tastes).

His shirt costs $75 but I am contemplating just trying out ModernTailor or a similar website. I guess it's time to troll through the MTM shirt threads. I swear I read about other people having their sleeves slimmed though.

either he needs to level up his tailoring skillz or he str8 lyin to u bro

Cote

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
lame ^^ lol I'd buy if there was a better color.
Can you see where the inspiration came from? Decent budget boots indeed. I wont wear All Saints head-to-toe, so a beanie and leather jacket are enough for now
smile.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
Holy **** this thread

In other news, "Uncontrol" has been accepted to UrbanDictionary. In a few days you can tell all your friends.

I'm confused by this "dressing your lifestyle" idea. Serious question, what does that mean?

It's about context among other things. A lot of clothes and they social clues they provide have a history.
It's not to say you can't take an element from a scene or style you're not in anyway a part of, but to some extent the clothes you wear should fit into the life you live.
SoCals over the top fashion *** club queer thing works for him b/c he lives in NYC, goes out a lot, and is gay and ballin. It would not work for Robbie (although he would have fun trying).

A lot of youth styles dovetail into a music/art/dance/athletic scene and it's a bit strange to dress like you're a hardcore member of a sub-culture when in fact you're a total poseur.

Again, nothing wrong with stealing aspects of different scenes but proper context often is what makes an outfit.

The other place it comes up a lot in current fashion is the whole work wear/ outdoors thing. Again it does not really make any sense to dress like your about to climb the Matterhorn when you are going to work in MidTown and never, ever step off pavement and in fact would get lost and starve to death in Central Park. It just rings hollow and shows up in the outfits and how they are worn.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love this,

They have one in my local mall. I have never been in. I just figured that a store called "Club Monaco" was not the best place to suit my classic-American/rugged style. But perhaps I am wrong..

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* search character minimum make searching MC B&S impossible. Especially when you're a 38s with 7.5 shoe size.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****, something I was selling on ebay sold for 25% more than what I couldn't sell it for on here or sufu. I should start selling on the 'bay more often.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok new uniform for the rest of winter:

army green distressed baseball hat
black wool h and m overcoat
Sleeveless Godflesh tee
Loose cutoff black denim shorts
black leggings
three eyelet black docs

(0)

Though I will sub the godflesh tee for things like SPK, throbbing Gristle et al...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Agree completely. Happens on public transit, too. They crank that **** up "because it's winter," but the only reason you would need/want a train or bus at 85 degrees F is if you weren't wearing heavy woolen coats in the first place. The logic is infuriating. I've taken to wearing light cotton layers and swaddling myself in outerwear/scarves/etc, so I can quickly unwrap. Some people are impervious to temperature fluctuations, though.

Thank you. You are dressed for winter, there is no need to have it hotter than july indoors. Though luckily I don't have this problem and the beauty of LA is well the weather is so beautiful that most every venue is partially a patio so you can pretty much always be outside when you're outside ya dig? It doesn't get east coast cold either where they turn on the heat, a/c is usually on.

Originally Posted by softy
Have you tried hanging it from the waist? two birds one stone

excellent

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ps. is it me or did tbs slowly mark up the stark in the past week or two? I swear that **** was 217 euro before, then a few days ago it was 218, now it's 219...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads