• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
It's nice to not have to carry a bag but it's also nice to have a bag, know what I mean? Back before my wallet broke I kept my wallet in my pocket but still you have your cell phone and your keys... it's just not possible, I've got too much **** to bring with me for work and play (also I keep an extendable ASP baton in my bag).
This isn't illegal over there?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
agreed, I despise all that ****.
-sweatpants
Omg. sweatpants. Gasp. Despise. Who on earth would wear, and more importantly, why? Despise, despise, despise. -boat shoes Like seriously. Do they still even make boats? -loafers Ya. Lol @ loafers. I feel bad for some 9-5 schmuck who wears those POS's. -polos -hiking/work boots YES. This is a big one for me. I DESPISE hiking boots too. Like really, yeah, you're going to go "hiking" somewhere. Haha. Ridiculous. -clarks This truly takes the cake imo. Clarks? DBs? How ******* pedestrian. Stupid ******* broke college kids with no money to buy $300+ white high tops. Get the **** over yourselves.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does one choose a hat/scarf/gloves? Investing in some this winter and i don't really know about going to choosing them (NYC, if that matters).

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
This isn't illegal over there?

I'm sure it is, but laws here are inconsistent at best and rarely enforced unless you're suddenly deemed seditious or anti-revolutionary. Security in Guang Dong is much more relaxed in general compared to northern because it's close to Hong Kong (lots of western people hoping over for a quick business deal or bender weekend in Dong Guan) and Macao (where the dirtiest of the dirty in China launder their money) and there also aren't really any big government offices or politicians around like in Beijing where security is very tight for law abiding citizens.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
+1

I don't do:

-sweatpants
-boat shoes
-loafers

I got no problem with these as long as they're a) wh or geller, b) quoddys, c) like my dries or cj or suede tassle loafers, or alden cordovan #8s

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ironic
isn't he the du who posts 7 pics of himself each waywt?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
not so sure about this. In general i hate epidemiologists. Hot water and cancer, both very debatable in what constitutes a level of hot water and what is a basis for causation of cancer and what level of mutagenesis is harmful and etc etc. especially when there are a fair level of protective mechanisms which need to be bypassed. I'm just not convinced.
Just curious if you're talking about this from just hearing the connection now and you're trying to piece a causal relationship or if you've actually read the studies, have talked with oncologists, have clinical first-hand experiences, etc.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
isn't he the du who posts 7 pics of himself each waywt?

Yes, I am that du. And I post normally 5 in order to properly show what I'm wearing instead of the SF status quo darkened blob images as was discussed thoroughly in yesterday's "do photoshop skillz make better fit picz".

But I "spoiler" my images now for those who find detailed shots annoying or offensive.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
+1

I don't do:

-sweatpants
-boat shoes
-loafers
-polos
-hiking/work boots
-clarks

I am weaning myself off of polos. Sweats have a place (the gym/around the house). Resoled Clark DBs look pretty good. Otherwise I agree.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
You don't find it arrogant to flip out because someone doesn't like trends that you like? I wouldn't wear anything of those things either.

Since when are boat shoes and sweat pants "trends"? Not trying to get all semantic on you - but sweatpants and even boat shoes may have existed before SF.com, or ****, maybe even before the internet. Maybe even before the word "trend" existed in the context of fashion. And no, they never went out of style. Thus your stated "trends" cannot resurface if they've never disappeared. You could argue boat shoes, but you would be wrong in my opinion.

To blanket statement that you "despise" a grouping of items that are relatively wide ranged and not correlated (e.g. sweat pants and loafers), while following suit of opinion of several before you, is funny, to me. For various reasons. That I could go on to explain, but am trying to refrain from typing paragraphs on the internet.

oh, and you wouldn't wear any of those things? Shocking. Profound. Enlightening. I'm really getting to know you. I'd of never guessed. It's almost as if sometimes people have different tastes.

:cue one word reply from uncontrol basically stating im a try-hard and to geez chill man internet serious business"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads