• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
You can't tell someone to pick up a pair of jeans that don't fit his legs and say, "Don't worry, bro. Those thighs will stretch out another two inches like the waist and you'll be cool." Doesn't work that way.

NoahRose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
"Tightness" is subjective but if you're having trouble bending limbs then what's the point? You don't need to size down in something for it to be tonight, especially in a skinny fit.

Thighs won't stretch. The waist will stretch so that the jeans sag a bit but that's not going to help you around the knees. How about trying a cut that actually suits you?

thanks for the advice. i'll probably go with the slim fit then if the thighs won't stretch. i didn't know that tapered were going to be this skinny. live and learn i guess. it also wasn't apparent to me that i have thunder thighs
lol8[1].gif

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoahRose
maybe i am just misunderstanding. i didn't size down or anything they're just stiff and tight in the thigh but fine everywhere else. i was thinking that if i just wore then maybe the thigh area would stretch. they were only $63 so i wouldn't feel too bad if they don't turn out that way. but again, i've zero experience with raw denim, which is is the reason i'm asking you all. do they look decent?
the thighs will stretch and they'll start to feel better once the denim isn't so stiff. they don't look all that tight to me either. i think if you took them back for the 32, once the 32s were done stretching and breaking in you'd kick yourself for getting them. i have both the indigo (straight) and the black (tapered) and they have both stretched out a decent amount. oh and the slim fit is the same size in the thighs as the tapered. the only difference in the fit between the two is from the knee down, so going with the 31 slim won't make any difference.

NoahRose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
the thighs will stretch and they'll start to feel better once the denim isn't so stiff. they don't look all that tight to me either. i think if you took them back for the 32, once the 32s were done stretching and breaking in you'd kick yourself for getting them.

i have both the indigo (straight) and the black (tapered) and they have both stretched out a decent amount. oh and the slim fit is the same size in the thighs as the tapered. the only difference in the fit between the two is from the knee down, so going with the 31 slim won't make any difference.

about how long did they take to stretch out for you?

hastur

Reaction score
about a month but i only wore them a few times a week at most

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to be comletely sure as the pics are a bit dark but I think it looks okay in the thighs. If you are really worried about it you might want to post better pics.

NoahRose

Reaction score
these are a little better. my room has horrible lighting and my camera's still ****** tho
cheers.gif

dsc02210copy.jpg

dsc02212copy.jpg

dsc02214copy.jpg

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoahRose
these are a little better. my room has horrible lighting and my camera's still ****** tho
cheers.gif

dsc02210copy.jpg

dsc02212copy.jpg

dsc02214copy.jpg

I think those fit well for being brand new. They'll definitely stretch a good amount. You have to keep in mind that the feeling of them being/looking tight is exaggerated by how stiff the denim is right now.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anybody have fade pics?

NoahRose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
I think those fit well for being brand new. They'll definitely stretch a good amount. You have to keep in mind that the feeling of them being/looking tight is exaggerated by how stiff the denim is right now.

Thanks. Maybe that's what it is. I've been wearing them around the house and they seem to have relaxed a little. I think I'll keep them and see how it goes. I still may get the slim straights if another 20% promo code pops up. *crosses fingers*

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
does anybody have fade pics?
Here's the best I've got, took these a few weeks ago. Like I posted earlier in the thread, I only wear these once, maybe twice a week, and not for a long time really. So these have minimal wear. I've washed them regularly once and hung them to dry.
ub3.png
ub4.png
I don't really know what's causing the faded vertical lines on the right leg. I've never seen anything like that before with denim. They showed up after the first wash. I do think they would fade very fast if worn every day, btw.

bombers

Reaction score
from hypebeast (not mine)...
5125101488_6c36b54704.jpg
5124493333_4590ed09d7.jpg
They fade to white...

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Those blue or black?
eh.gif

i'm sure those are the indigo but the white balance is obviously way off in that picture

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been wearing mine everyday since early august, i have the fades showing in the pockets,lap, and behind knees, but i havent washed them yet, trying to hold on to the dark indigo as long as i can

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads