• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hastur
still wearing these and they're my favorite pair of jeans, thick denim and they're holding up extremely well with about 6 months of wear no crotch rips or tears or any issues like that whatsoever
Fadez????

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Fadez????

yeah decent wallet fade, thighs are fading with a few creases at the knee, and some nice creases behind the knee

i only wear my jeans once or twice a week so i'm not gonna get crazy fades like guys who wear them for 8 hours a day, but there are some pretty good pics on the thread on hypebeast if youre interested in seeing how these fade

Pngwyn

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of these in 31s skinny and I can barely button up the top, and when I do it feels really tight. Will these stretch enough to be comfortable or should I size up?

The entire fit is good, but the waist is just too tight to handle if it doesn't stretch a bit more.

Also is it really common for the buttons to fall off? I'm almost hesitant to keep these.. I could return them and get APCs for $30 more

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Since the jeans are made by Naked and Famous I am assuming they would be pretty similar with differences in material and construction hence the lower price point. Naked and famous jeans do stretch but most people got the skinny fit in their usual waist size.

And people have had the button pop off on N&F.

hastur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pngwyn
I just picked up a pair of these in 31s skinny and I can barely button up the top, and when I do it feels really tight. Will these stretch enough to be comfortable or should I size up? The entire fit is good, but the waist is just too tight to handle if it doesn't stretch a bit more. Also is it really common for the buttons to fall off? I'm almost hesitant to keep these.. I could return them and get APCs for $30 more
they will definitely stretch a little bit but not like APC's or anything like that, and no, the buttons definitely aren't coming off... they seem very sturdy to me i think if it's very hard for you to button the top button, you should size up one more, unless you plan on slimming down a bit to fit into them better
smile.gif
i also don't think APCs are any better than the unbranded denim, just different

Pngwyn

Reaction score
Are you iDanio on sufu that posted the post wash fades?

I'm still waiting for some worn pics if you are xD

So I should size up 1 then? If the waist stretched like .75" it would probably fit nicely..

Aren't N&F typically considered cheaper quality than APCs?

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by housesofunholy
final nail in the coffin itt was that peoples interest was piqued only after hearing N&F was behind this.

lol this is me.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
greys now
capture10202010123032pm.jpg
20% coupon code: teenvogue ends up being $62.40

NoahRose

Reaction score
just got a pair of tapered size 31 tts and they're tight as hell in the thigh. i'm 6'2 167 btw. the waist is perfect and the leg opening is decent but i can barley bend my legs in these lol. do you think that they'll stretch or should i size up? please excuse my dirty ass mirror.

ay6juq.jpg

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they'll stretch, learn to love the tightness

NoahRose

Reaction score
my thighs feel like sausage links right now lol. i don't want the waist to stretch because they fit great there. i was thinking about returning them to size up one or just go with the slim straights. this is my first pair of raw denim tho so maybe i'll try to tough it out.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoahRose
this is my first pair of raw denim tho so maybe i'll try to tough it out.
You're giving yourself bad advice. This isn't a competition with this forum or yourself. "Toughing it out" gets old real quick and you'll regret the jeans.

I simply don't understand how the recommendation to wear slightly-fitted jeans so that they stretch out comfortably gets translated into, "Wear them tight as **** because that's how it's supposed to be, period."

NoahRose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You're giving yourself bad advice. This isn't a competition with this forum or yourself. "Toughing it out" gets old real quick and you'll regret the jeans.

I simply don't understand how the recommendation to wear slightly-fitted jeans so that they stretch out comfortably gets translated into, "Wear them tight as **** because that's how it's supposed to be, period."

maybe i am just misunderstanding. i didn't size down or anything they're just stiff and tight in the thigh but fine everywhere else. i was thinking that if i just wore then maybe the thigh area would stretch. they were only $63 so i wouldn't feel too bad if they don't turn out that way. but again, i've zero experience with raw denim, which is is the reason i'm asking you all. do they look decent?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
"Tightness" is subjective but if you're having trouble bending limbs then what's the point? You don't need to size down in something for it to be tonight, especially in a skinny fit.

Thighs won't stretch. The waist will stretch so that the jeans sag a bit but that's not going to help you around the knees. How about trying a cut that actually suits you?

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
"Tightness" is subjective but if you're having trouble bending limbs then what's the point? You don't need to size down in something for it to be tonight, especially in a skinny fit.

Thighs won't stretch. The waist will stretch so that the jeans sag a bit but that's not going to help you around the knees. How about trying a cut that actually suits you?

eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads