• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
lol @ pg

Haha, what? Don't trust my burger recommendations because of 8oz?
frown.gif

If it means anything, I haven't even been to this one yet :p It tied with Golden State and Father's Office in some burger shootout on chowhound.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the palm- super overpriced. went there for dinela

the local- super good and cheap.

finally figuring out great places in my hood.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Haha, oh. I was like damn, does this dude know some chick I know or something? :p

Yeah I watched it, so excited for the album. I didn't like the movie too much, but the music in it was nice. Can't wait for the full version of All Of The Lights

All of the Lights

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Thanks. It was better when I just had the snippet, haha.

BTW, wasn't a huge fan of the lamb burger at Golden State. Will be sticking to the normal ones.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
any opinions of Bazaar......Jose Andreas' spanish joint? Been wanting to try it.

There's a tapas restaurant hidden in old town Claremont called Viva Madrid that we've been going to religiously. amazingly freakin good. One of Whodini's best rec's.

Jose Andres is good stuff, eat at his DC places all the time.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, it just wasn't for me. I felt like I was eating Papa Cristos on brioche :p

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
tried a new pizza joint in Old Pasadena that just opened a few weeks ago, located at the Del Mar Gold Line station, called Luggage Room Pizzeria, since the space is a converted luggage room in a train stop

The Gladiator, a pepperoni and sausage
photoeu.jpg

Margherita with buffalo mozzarella
margheritap.jpg

this place is on point. Pasadena has some good, but not great, pizza, and this place is great. All organic ingredients (doesnt matter to me, but it may to some), they source the meats from quality places, the starter used in the dough is a sourdough that gives the crust some depth of flavor and that small hint of sour. Crust came out perfect, no sog, good char and very thin. Quality ingredients and it tastes like it. Pizzas are a larger individual size, could be shared, but not if you're with a glutton like me.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went there last night and was not impressed. The girl at the counter was so out of it and was on major dgaf program. I felt like I was interrupting her chill time. Got "the burger" and turkey burger. Was more impressed by the turkey, most likely attributed to the sharp provolone. The burger had no flavor to latch onto, even the bacon was soaked in fail. 8$ for a 8oz +/- pour of new belgium
facepalm.gif
? Man ... LA gastropubs need to come around on the cost/pour ratio. (end drunkrant)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
That's pretty odd. It's a fairly consistent burger, too. The beer is expensive, though, but it's hardly anything to judge the place by.

Curious to see what you think is a "legit" burger in LA.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
That's pretty odd. It's a fairly consistent burger, too. The beer is expensive, though, but it's hardly anything to judge the place by.

Curious to see what you think is a "legit" burger in LA.

Agreed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads