• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Air Force Overcoat from 1960's on ebay: Lame or GAME?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

R-H

Reaction score
If this coat is real military issue then the material is likely very cheap and coarse.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rentboy.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by R-H
If this coat is real military issue then the material is likely very cheap and coarse.

As somebody who owns a military issue overcoat (1940's polish, never issued), this is quite true. But it will be pretty damn warm.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
As somebody who owns a military issue overcoat (1940's polish, never issued), this is quite true. But it will be pretty damn warm.

Whoah. Hold on there. I have my Dad's RAF greatcoat which predates government issue as in those days officers got a uniform allowance and went to HM Suppliers to get their kit. It's far too heavy to ever wear in Texas but it's cashmere made by Burberry, so there's always a possibility that some military coats are a better grade than that sack cloth material you are referring to.

I used to have a blue-grey trench coat that was some country's air force issue and very nice but lost it somehow during one of my moves. It was a nice everyday coat for bad weather and light enough for Texas but nothing special.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thumbs down from me. Looks too costumey. It's a cool looking piece, but mainly for historical interest. I can't see that coat's working on the streets in real life.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
no opinion on the coat ,but.
stacked jeans or trousers with a winter length coat looks stupid.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C'est terrible.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I see the pocket for the baguette.

But which pocket is for the white flag?

34y8pjt.gif

- B

+1 haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads