• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

kapli

Reaction score
I have a pair of Wallabees in 8.5 that fit me really well, however when I was downtown trying out a pair of desert boots in black suede they were really tight on top of the foot when I was trying 8.5, and they didn't have anything bigger. Could there have been something wrong with the shoe? I usually have pretty small feet.. They fitted well in terms of length, but they were just too tight on the top of my foot so I had to struggle to get them on. I guess I'll go try another pair.

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
any suggestion to level-up from clarks DB. maybe loake, grenson, opening ceremony? alden's too rich for me. maybe not crepe sole.

I find the DBs that Vanishing Elephant puts out to be really handsome.

http://needsupply.com/desert-boots-in-navy.html

vanishingelephant_desertboot1.jpg

I usually don't like anything Frye puts out, but their "Manny" chukka is also pretty appealing. Don't get it in black.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They released a grey one that looked more black. Revolve had it for a minute, but they are all out. I'd love to get my hands on a purr.

MasterplayerC

Reaction score
What kind of socks do you guys wear with your DBs? I bought a beeswax pair yesterday (7, sized down from my usual 8~. Not sure if I went too small, length seems fine but its a bit tight on the top of my foot) and ended up causing some nasty blisters due to rubbing.

I was wearing below-ankle socks (and it doesn't help that I was sweating profusely while walking long distances in NYC). Thinking I should switch to something that goes past the length of the boot?

clark kent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
These have probably been posted here before, but *******, these are murder.

20319309_A_p.jpg

honestly man we have these where i work (a clarks outlet) in size 10.5 and they are on clearance for $39.99. we do free shipping if anybody wants them pm me and you can contact the store.

Regal

Reaction score
Swapping out the fabric laces for leather ones makes a world of difference.

I bought some leather boot laces at Target for about $5, cut them in half, and my DBs look about 2x better imo.

Just a suggestion!

AlbertCamus

Reaction score
i think by murder he meant bad but man those look good to me i might hit you up on that offer

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clark kent
honestly man we have these where i work (a clarks outlet) in size 10.5 and they are on clearance for $39.99. we do free shipping if anybody wants them pm me and you can contact the store.

Dogz, where do you work and how do i get in contact with them?

And when I say murder, i mean they are Fire...it's a Queens thing.

Newstyle

Reaction score
I have to say I really like the look of desert boots and I went out a bought a pair of Clarks and I have been wearing them for about 4 months but, I just do not like them. They are very uncomfortable. I feel like I am wearing slippers, I like to feel solid when I wear shoes and these do not do it for me. Kinda regretting my purchase now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads