• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lol. my girlfriend flies like an hour to japan every month, she flies business. I've asked her why and she doesn't really have a good answer, but I suspect it's having to do with her not liking plebes. If we went on vacation somewhere, and we haven't yet, I suspect she would still fly business, and I would fly economy, and that would seem normal to her.
ffffuuuu.gif
Whenever I pick her up from the airport though, she is drunk on champagne and has eaten sushi on those hour flights, so I suspect there is something better happening up there. I know I could drink a full bottle of champagne or a good half bottle of scotch without looking too drunk, if I minded my manners, so $100 for a bump up would be pretty good indeed. Takes me 24 hrs to fly home usually, so if I could bumped to first for even $500 cash on the spot, I'd do it. I might balk at a grand, but then again, if I were still in Seoul and trying to make it to at least LA or SFO, I might splash a G, it could be worth it.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Wore some Julius cargo pants that have a zillion of those huge industrial metal snaps on them through airport security. Was concerned it would trigger the metal detectors, but nothing happened. Yet most other people were removing their belts which contain far less metal. Also, on my domestic flight that was nearly 6 hours long they announced at the podium an offer to upgrade to first class for only $100 moments before boarding. I expected to see a mad rush, but nobody even appeared to take advantage of the offer. When they finally closed the doors on the plane, there were still 2 free seats in first class! WTF is wrong with people? Maybe if they had offered the option to refund passengers $100 if they switch from coach to the cargo hold everyone would have swarmed the podium.
On one of my flights to NYC (always a standby concept), they overbooked it and offered a $250 gift card, free first class upgrade, and free lunch (something decent, not ****** airport food) and they still had to announce it 5 times before someone stepped up. Made me wish I was actually paying for the flight
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
lol. my girlfriend flies like an hour to japan every month, she flies business. I've asked her why and she doesn't really have a good answer, but I suspect it's having to do with her not liking plebes. If we went on vacation somewhere, and we haven't yet, I suspect she would still fly business, and I would fly economy, and that would seem normal to her.
ffffuuuu.gif
Whenever I pick her up from the airport though, she is drunk on champagne and has eaten sushi on those hour flights, so I suspect there is something better happening up there. I know I could drink a full bottle of champagne or a good half bottle of scotch without looking too drunk, if I minded my manners, so $100 for a bump up would be pretty good indeed. Takes me 24 hrs to fly home usually, so if I could bumped to first for even $500 cash on the spot, I'd do it. I might balk at a grand, but then again, if I were still in Seoul and trying to make it to at least LA or SFO, I might splash a G, it could be worth it.

Airplane sushi sounds terrible, DO NOT WANT

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I wouldn't pay $100 to go to first class. I'm going to sleep the whole way anyway.

I would, if it were a packed flight, and I had a long way to go. Being in first class on trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific fights is really good and really useful if you need to be on your game within, say, 5 hours of landing (it's not really that much time to land, get to your hotel, recover, and get to your meeting.) That said, I've flown multiple legs, on-haul flights in packed economy.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I would, if it were a packed flight, and I had a long way to go. Being in first class on trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific fights is really good and really useful if you need to be on your game within, say, 5 hours of landing (it's not really that much time to land, get to your hotel, recover, and get to your meeting.) That said, I've flown multiple legs, on-haul flights in packed economy.

I guess it would really depend on how long I was flying. If I was flying for like 8+ hours I'd go for it.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lufthansa's supposed to have really good airplane food as well, but if I flew with them, I'd probably force myself to pay for first-class trans-Atlantic on an A380
bounce2.gif
:/ Only just got my Margiela e-boutique invitation. Why you hate me, MMM?

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Just curios but is DRKSHDW a diffusion line of RO?
Technically, but most people consider it a sister brand moreso than a diffusion (prices are pretty close to mainline, excepting leathers, and the construction is similar as well, both are made by Olmar+Mirta.... almost wrote Martin+Osa lol)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is what I figured, I was just surprised to see the brand appear at Tobi and it got me curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads