• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ede & Ravenscroft RTW

NeverFullyDressed

Reaction score
Any views on the RTW suits from Ede and Ravenscroft? I see the latest catalogue has some very nice additions.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they're very good for the money. Certainly one of the best RTW available in London, aside from New & Lingwood, Turnbull & Asser, etc.

NeverFullyDressed

Reaction score
I agree with New and Lingwood, bought a boating blazer from them last year and the fit was perfect. Not tried their full suits thoughas they don't do these online. The Ede and Ravenscroft suits come with a spare pair of trousers I note.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's also another place around Holborn (or is it Fleet Street), that caters mainly to the law set. I've forgotten the name. A quick search here might turn something up.

The Silverfox

Reaction score
I have one, quite satisfied with it. Half canvas bought on sale for £400 I think, original price £600 or a bit more I would wager. Nice fit and pretty much like everything about it. Haven't worn it enough to know how nice it will stay, but for now I really like it. Nice sharp shoulders, though not excessively wide. Just all around very good I think. Will probably go back for more.

Also agree with New and Lingwood, though I haven't actually bought any big items there yet. From what I've seen though, the jackets suits and coats there seemed very nice. Get all my socks there, and also bought a few ties. Great selection in both socks and ties. The guys in the socks, suits and braces department on the left are very friendly and very helpfull, and in my experience will not let you walk out with something they know you will regret. The guy in the tie-department on the right side is kind of a prick, but as I said good selection and he's not bad at giving advice.

And by the way, when this catalogue come out. Is it the fall/winter catalogue ?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decent prices, nice fabrics, and always a few unusual & interesting items.

The fit happens to be too big for me (they hardly ever do a 36 size jacket or 30 trousers), so I tend to have to get MTM or bespoke from the, but still, the RTW has some very nice items.

jnm23q

Reaction score
Went in their shop on Savile Row about a month back.

Suits start at around £600 with extra trousers, nice fabrics but not very slim fitting, so didn't fit me too well.

Staff were very friendly and honest. There is another shop near Leadenhall Market close to Bank Station / Liverpool St.

loiclac

Reaction score
you can view the catalogue online and there is a shop there mainly for accessories. http://www.edeandravenscroft.co.uk/. they ship overseas for people overseas.

quality is good for the price kinda weird since option for me would be gieves and hawkes and they are significally more expensive.

mbkoissy

Reaction score
For the last 5 years, I have been ordering MTO suits from New and Lingwood. I have to say that I am very satisfied with everything I get. Mr. Justin Sumrie, the manager has been very helpful. He has been more than an adviser, to the point where I consider him a friend. I value his opinions on the choice of fabrics, the cut, etc. I have been receiving E7R's brochure now for the last 2 years. I have purchased a few shirts from them online and overthe phone. Next time I am in London, I will try their MTM. From what I gather from the brochure, they are an excellent middle of the road tailoring shop.

The Silverfox

Reaction score
Stopped by their Chancery Lane shop today, and my my my so many beautiful autumn colours. Think I'm going to have to go back for some tweed and moleskin.

At any rate, does anyone know the price-range for their MTM and Bespoke? The latter is probably out of my range for a little while longer, but they are quite reasonably priced in other areas and very good value, so maybe not for too long. Not talking extravagant fabrics, just the entry level for respectable 2-piece MTM and bespoke in decent fabrics.

Lord Nonsie

Reaction score
Let me first say, that I have not worn their civilian suits! However, when I was a student at university I wore an E & R student gown and it was fine. I found the shop to be wonderful fun and the tailors were great. I know its a bit off topic, but I would certainly consider going back to E & R

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Silverfox
At any rate, does anyone know the price-range for their MTM and Bespoke?
Can't remember exactly but roughly, MTM is around 700-900, bespoke jackets around 1.5k (which I personally think is a good value sweetspot), and bespoke suits around 2.2k. 3pc bespoke, a couple hundred more, ish. Obviously, certain fabrics will be more, and these are just ballpark figures from memory, anyway. MTM sale is in November, which knocks off a hundred or more on some fabrics, making that the best time to get MTM suits at good value IMO.

Izhitsa

Reaction score
Hello! First-time poster, long-time lurker here...

I'd like to ask whether it is likely for me to catch the E & R sale if I'm going to be in London between 11 and 17 January?

I think I'll visit Stanley Ley too. Am I correct in assuming that they now sell suits mostly (if not exclusively) at the Middlesex Street location?

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Stanley Ley is another name you should check out, just remembered.
That's the place on Holborn yes? In Staple Inn (great tobacconist there too, for those that do...). EDIT: Just realised that, no, it's not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads