• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who wears their BDs like this ?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You know, with the SASâ„¢, I could wear eight cufflinks as sleeve buttons.

I'm thinking large, gold sailboats. Opinion?

- B

Large gold gorillas.

southernstyle

Reaction score
Honestly, it looks no different than a snap collar from the front. I'm sure someone could make it look decent.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
noose_tie.jpg

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Hi

Saw these at the Ralph Lauren website. At first I couldnt understand what were the 2 white round things below the collar but after zooming in, realized that it was a button down shirt.

Does anyone actually wear their BDs this way ?

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

z6.jpg

I LOVE wearing them like that!

kohelet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Hi

Saw these at the Ralph Lauren website. At first I couldnt understand what were the 2 white round things below the collar but after zooming in, realized that it was a button down shirt.

Does anyone actually wear their BDs this way ?

[/I]

I've seen it before. Personally I like the idea of a collar bar behind a tie but not with a button down collar. And certainly not if you're a classical older gentleman.

How many guys here would wear tie clasps and collar bars? I personally like the style. Although there is a fine line between classy and tacky when it comes to this type of hardware.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never wear a buttondown collar with the buttons undone, even if you have a collar bar. They sell shirts designed for a collar bar and that is not one of them. It makes me sick just looking at it.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar bars look odd to my eye.

This goes beyond that. It looks horrible.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Collar bars look odd to my eye.

This goes beyond that. It looks horrible.

Once again the voice of reason. I try to reply to the post, not the poster, but I've been around this forum long enough to spot a couple of people, such as you, who I tend to agree with. I've also spotted a couple of attention seeking pompous knackers as well but I guess it takes all sorts.

southernstyle

Reaction score
I do think the collar pin looks a lot better worn like this with a club collar. Also a shirt collar can be worn unbuttoned:
100914-1.jpg

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by southernstyle
Also a shirt collar can be worn unbuttoned

Unfortunately PG isn't the ultimate arbiter of everything style-related; him doing something does not automatically make it right.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikhan