• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esquire Men's Fashion Images - Esquire November 1936

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
Some fairly poor pictures, (scanner is on the blink) but thought they may be of interest:

004.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

(plus a couple of advertisements which caught my eye: )

015.jpg

018.jpg

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Those Skinner silk shoes are very enticing.

exciting?? in what way?? is it the silk that earn this pleasure?

Tibetan Jewelry

Reaction score
That is cool! I was wondering if you have TIbetan jewelry that will match that type of get up too? There 's a fashion show coming up in our village two months from now and I am in charge of the designs and all. I was wondering if you could share your designs with me please? I badly need help from all of you.

baigarman36

Reaction score
is upon us, and our November issue's fashion portfolio has the serious clothes "” and the serious photographs "” to prove it. You should read on to see the whole thing, and find out why now is a great time to be excited about shearling (just trust us). But before you do, you'd better know a few things to help you along your trip. A few style-in-transit pointers:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool. Thanks for posting this.
Where did you pick up such an old issue in such great condition? All the very old(30s,40s,50s) men's mags I see on Ebay are usually in shreds.
I often find older issues of GQ in fair condition. Nothing as old as yours though.

edit- Just noticed this thread was started 2 years ago.

parfum

Reaction score
Very well! Thanks for posting the pictures. You gave an idea on our prom's theme. In fact, I have gathered more pictures for comparison. I am really excited for the prom. I will also ask my friends to visit this forum so that they can also suggest and comment on topics. Thanks.

Saigonesque

Reaction score
Originally Posted by parfum
Very well! Thanks for posting the pictures. You gave an idea on our prom's theme. In fact, I have gathered more pictures for comparison. I am really excited for the prom. I will also ask my friends to visit this forum so that they can also suggest and comment on topics. Thanks.

Uh oh, a 30s theme for prom? Most high school boys don't even have a suit, let alone something that looks like anything in the pictures. ...So many bad memories of ill-fitting polyester.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads