• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK Cupid

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
I think that the OKTrends blog is also super-interesting. Those guys have access to tons of raw data and they present some interesting findings--although most of the conclusions they draw are pretty intuitive, the numbers are interesting.

I actually first discovered it from a post on SF.

ha, that was great. i find that a lot of men are either misinformed or deluded about their height in real life, anyway...it makes sense they'd be the same way online.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
ha, that was great. i find that a lot of men are either misinformed or deluded about their height in real life, anyway...it makes sense they'd be the same way online.

Blog seems to be down for me right now, but there are tons of really interesting posts on race, language, attractiveness/photos, etc. Definitely worth flipping through the rest of the posts, IMO.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there is a geographic bent to it.. an ex-gf made me promise to go on there and see what's up... said she met awesome people in SFO on OKC. I thought the inventory in Chicago was a little weak, so I took my junk down pretty fast.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
I think there is a geographic bent to it.. an ex-gf made me promise to go on there and see what's up... said she met awesome people in SFO on OKC. I thought the inventory in Chicago was a little weak, so I took my junk down pretty fast.

that might have more to do with if the area has a large population of sketchy guys, that go on the site and scare all the normal girls away. a lot of the girls i've talked to who have profiles on there say they got swamped by messages as soon as they joined, mostly from riff raff with menacing glares. It sucks because we normal guys (if i may call myself that), have to exert all the effort to differentiate ourselves from them.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poll needs an option for both.

1 - online dating is totally different for guys than for girls (if you don't believe me, either talk to a chick you know from real-life that has done it, or make a fake profile).

2 - most of the chicks on there are damaged goods/fatties. Most of the dudes have something wrong with them too (fat, short, nerdy, socially awkward, etc).

I think 100% of the girls I've actually met IRL from there (2) were super clingy, in the annoying way.

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have tried, would recommend in DC, especially for casual dating. Am generally impressed by the site.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very little quality in my area. Of the few women I bothered to message when I tried, less than half wrote back, and didn't end up meeting any of them.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm creating a profile just to see what's up. even at the nickname stage I'm getting messages like these:
Originally Posted by okcupid
Sorry! robertoo is unavailable! May I suggest:robertooilicous, robertoo_taco, robertoo_pal, i_am_robertoo, awes_robertoo
facepalm.gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does the quality go up with the more questions you answer? I've only uploaded a photo and all the girls are pretty hideous.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The dating personality quiz (kind of like a myers briggs) is pretty fun. I did it and i was a "pool boy" ... fairly accurate description.

turboman808

Reaction score
I gave up on girls in the bars. Frankly my judgment is pretty poor and I head straight for the crazy slutty eye candy.

Joined a few dating sites and canceled all the accounts except OK Cupid. I met alot of really terrific girls on OK Cupid. It's a fun site that just so happens to be a dating site. Everyone's a little more relaxed and with my cynical sense of humor I kinda fit in their. I really had alot of fun dating girls off that site for about 6 months. Seems in that time I really got down to what I am looking for and what makes me happy.

Just so happens I am having my engagement party in 2 weeks. Wanna guess where I met my fiance?
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads