• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm not fake! )

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, are there really that many sad guys who come on forums pretending to be girls? I also think this might just be the result of a desperate sense of curiosity to know what the token females look like. And what about you guys? With the exception of WAYWRN, how do I know you're not fat middle aged housewives on the verge of mental breakdown pretending to be affluent and fashionable guys in order to get the male attention you so desperately crave?

Sigh, this is just gonna prompt more "prove it" talk, isn't it?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
And what about you guys? With the exception of WAYWRN, how do I know you're not fat middle aged housewives on the verge of mental breakdown pretending to be affluent and fashionable guys in order to get the male attention you so desperately crave?
This is why I don't post WAYWRN. I don't want anyone to see my muffin top.
frown.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Damn, are there really that many sad guys who come on forums pretending to be girls?
It varies by forum and by subject matter of forum, but yes, the "mangina" epidemic is pretty severe and widespread out there. It started in the AOL chat room days and quickly spread to internet forums, particularly forums where women are rare birds (think: gaming, comics, Battlestar Galactica, or what have you). Though I've trolled the occasional nerdwallow in my younger and dumber days, I've never bent genders. But I've seen enough people who have to have a general idea of the pathology at play. It's usually an attention thing. More often than not, the female impersonator is a unnoticed or unimportant member of the forum who grows tired of the lack of attention and decides to create a "female" sockpuppet in order to enjoy the affections and praise of the nerdlings. Rarely is the mangina a legitimate nutcase. We're not talking Buffalo Bill here. Rather, it's an attention-craving and lonely individual who gets bored and wants to experiment.
With the exception of WAYWRN, how do I know you're not fat middle aged housewives on the verge of mental breakdown pretending to be affluent and fashionable guys in order to get the male attention you so desperately crave?
I actually am a fat, middle-aged hausfrau. Only I'm not on the verge of a mental breakdown. I've already broken down.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, are there really that many sad guys who come on forums pretending to be girls? I also think this might just be the result of a desperate sense of curiosity to know what the token females look like. And what about you guys? With the exception of WAYWRN, how do I know you're not fat middle aged housewives on the verge of mental breakdown pretending to be affluent and fashionable guys in order to get the male attention you so desperately crave?

Okay, who told her?
censored.gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
This is why I don't post WAYWRN. I don't want anyone to see my muffin top.
frown.gif

This is why we're facebook friends. I get the opportunity to see Kyle's muffin top (and see his sister and mom make fun of him).
smile.gif

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
It varies by forum and by subject matter of forum, but yes, the "mangina" epidemic is pretty severe and widespread out there. It started in the AOL chat room days and quickly spread to internet forums, particularly forums where women are rare birds (think: gaming, comics, Battlestar Galactica, or what have you).

actually this isn't the first primarily male message board I've been on, in my younger years I dated a guy who wanted to be a comic book artist (I was kinda a nerd, whatever) and joined a comic book forum he was on only to face similar attention/annoyance. I totally get it, it's just strange to me since I know the truth, and think it's funny.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
actually this isn't the first primarily male message board I've been on, in my younger years I dated a guy who wanted to be a comic book artist (I was kinda a nerd, whatever) and joined a comic book forum he was on only to face similar attention/annoyance. I totally get it, it's just strange to me since I know the truth, and think it's funny.
It actually is really funny, and in my trolling days, it was something I never really got around to, both for lack of interest and for lack of necessary skill level. I mean, to be a man and impersonate a woman really well, you have to think totally differently about the way you discuss things on a tiny, almost imperceptible, but nevertheless significant way that basically says "I have experienced the world as a girl, and my posts are informed by that perspective." This is what trips up 99.99% of manginas out there. Sooner or later, something about their posting styles just reveals itself as inauthentic. A constant desire to share pictures and court attention is usually one such giveaway. Granted, there are real women out there who do that on male-dominated forums. But there are a lot more men badly impersonating women who do it.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It varies by forum and by subject matter of forum, but yes, the "mangina" epidemic is pretty severe and widespread out there. It started in the AOL chat room days

Indeed. Back before I knew of forums, there would be at least 3 of us middle school kids running around the adult part of AIM as 13/f/randomstate, and only kept it up long enough for the person to ask for pictures and get an eye full penis. LoL asl gurrrl
smile.gif
u sound fyin WTF IS THAT HSIT!?!?!! etc. The original dicture.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Prove it!

derekzee

Reaction score
we once talked to a girl over the phone whom we met through chat. my friends and i were baffled when she sort of switched something of then sounded like his regular man voice. this was 1990's i believe.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
This is why we're facebook friends. I get the opportunity to see Kyle's muffin top (and see his sister and mom make fun of him).
smile.gif

Man, that never gets old. Gift that keeps on giving, even.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a video game forum I used to frequent when I was 13 or 14, we'd get quite a few "girls" who'd suddenly make grand entrances from time to time. Only one of them turned out to have a vagine, and she eventually left because she turned out to be kind of psychotic.

At any rate, we developed a pretty damned good litmus test, to which any purported female who's willing to post pictures of herself should be willing to submit. The test is as follows:

1) Post a picture of yourself, in the same room as your original picture, with your face visible.
2) Someone on the thread will suggest a simple action, such as holding up a hand signal of some sort.
3) Post another pic of yourself, face visible, holding up the hand signal.

It's extremely hard to Photoshop the hand signal, particularly if it's something made up on the spot and not easily found via a Google image search. (This means that common gang signs, the Vulcan thingy, or the shocker are out). Any chick who is willing to post pics of herself, but is suddenly unwilling to do this, is usually a dead giveaway as a fake. A chick who does it is usually legit (or at least the sister/gf/wife of someone legit, in which case, why the hell is the weirdo going through such a charade?).

I apologize for being an eternal skeptic and for being rude, but you see, I grew up on the proverbial mean streets of the internet. I am a recovered supernerd and recovered internet troll, and I've seen all the tricks in the hustler's playbook before. I may be crude around the edges when it comes to 'net forums, but that's because I've been in the ****.

Why is the face visible necessary? Why not just the hand signal in the same room? I suggest the papal wave - you know, palm facing self, slightly cupped, nearly in front of the face.

BTW, IP checks turn up interesting things (not necessarily about the OP) in this thread.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
BTW, IP checks turn up interesting things (not necessarily about the OP) in this thread.

Dude, if you spoil my sockpuppets I'ma break you.
wink.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
smile.gif

Wait.
You're kwilk's friend, but not mine?
frown.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Congrats to the OP for not being fake. If there's one thing I can't stand - it's fake women.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads