• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RM Williams Rigger Boots (B820V)

EngProf

Reaction score
Anyone have experience of these boots?

I'm looking for a comfortable lace-up work boot, decent enough looking to serve at the office on days with bad weather.

Not much comment on these on the interwebs.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen a pair at the Sydney RMW store - beautiful construction and made-to-order, I think? Pricey, but you just can't go wrong with this brand.

slappy

Reaction score
Never heard of these boots. Their website lists the price at 414 USD. This site has them for 300 http://www.portphillipshop.com.au/B8...ms)_22402.html Id have to see them in person before buying though, they look like they might be kind of chunky at the toe. And possibly even more blobby than an Alden Indy. Hard to tell from the picture though

EngProf

Reaction score
Are they, as slappy put it, "chunky at the toe," or are they unbulbous? I'm trying to avoid Redwing GT bulbousness (no offense to the RW GT fans) and am hoping for no more blobbiness than that of the Alden Indies (and preferably less). I'm a small guy with little feet.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EngProf
Are they, as slappy put it, "chunky at the toe," or are they unbulbous? I'm trying to avoid Redwing GT bulbousness (no offense to the RW GT fans) and am hoping for no more blobbiness than that of the Alden Indies (and preferably less). I'm a small guy with little feet.

From memory (and it was nearly a year ago I saw them) they didn't seem too chunky. I think they would work pretty well as a dress boot. I remember being very impressed by the quality and construction 0 as with all RMWs.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
From memory (and it was nearly a year ago I saw them) they didn't seem too chunky. I think they would work pretty well as a dress boot. I remember being very impressed by the quality and construction 0 as with all RMWs.

Yeah, this looks much more appealing to me than the 1000 Mile, and the price is right. I really can't afford to worry about the perfect shoe silouette. Plus, the price is right, and I actually know my size in RMWs.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive tried them on. Seemed ok, but the insole was coming loose on the brand new pair i tried. Wouldnt buy for the price, rather get RW iron rangers which are very similiar imo.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Pricey, but you just can't go wrong with this brand.

+1. I wish I could afford a pair.

Illume

Reaction score
Actually had a look at these in the Sydney store, display boot only as they are made to order. Sales guy said they retail for around $275 australian.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I don't think I'm the only one who had to look twice at the title of this disgusting, racist thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads