• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does Polo Slim Custom-Fit compare to J.Crew (and other mall brands) in sizing?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It really depends on your size. I wear a medium Custom Fit, and it fits perfectly. Not gay-tight but trim. With J Crew, I had to either deal with a blousy midsection at Medium or an overtight fit at Small. I opted for small because I really needed a couple of polos, but it was not a good investment.

So if a Custom Fit Medium is a little bit too big on you, you might fit perfectly into a J Crew small.

Brigden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
It really depends on your size. I wear a medium Custom Fit, and it fits perfectly. Not gay-tight but trim. With J Crew, I had to either deal with a blousy midsection at Medium or an overtight fit at Small. I opted for small because I really needed a couple of polos, but it was not a good investment.

So if a Custom Fit Medium is a little bit too big on you, you might fit perfectly into a J Crew small.

Perfect. Thank you.

Basically, I'm in between a J.Crew small and medium. I like my shirts slim, but not gay bartender tight. Sounds like a Polo Custom Fit medium will work perfectly.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brigden
Perfect. Thank you.

Basically, I'm in between a J.Crew small and medium. I like my shirts slim, but not gay bartender tight. Sounds like a Polo Custom Fit medium will work perfectly.

No problem. Let us know how it turns out.

Only caveat is I have not bought a Custom Fit since late 2007 so I am assuming they have not changed sizing.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Metro, I've been wondering this for a while but do you get custom slim fit shirts and polos in an M? My oxford is an M but all my slim fit polos are L (albiet with a very short sleeve).

I used to buy J. Crew secret wash shirts in medium but recently came to realize that small just works better.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Metro, I've been wondering this for a while but do you get custom slim fit shirts and polos in an M? My oxford is an M but all my slim fit polos are L (albiet with a very short sleeve).

I used to buy J. Crew secret wash shirts in medium but recently came to realize that small just works better.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking about Oxford vs Polo sizing, I have never actually worn a PRL oxford so I would not be able to comment. Sorry!

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Gist of the question is whether or not you size up on the polos. Oxford part was more or less for comparison purposes no need to apologize.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads