• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I f-ing hate it when someone higher up has that ultra-confident attitude and rejects out-of-hand what you are saying, convinced that their view/opinion/fact is the right onw.

Hey dick wad, I'm right, you're wrong. This is a matter of facts, not opinion. I worked on that project and I know it better than you. You may be VP of Being an Ass, but that doesn't make you right.

Never dismiss what I'm saying in front of outside guests like that again.

b

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
For those who aren't aware, the federal government has a program where they forgive student loan debt for people who work in public service for 10 years and make 120 on-time payments. Given I'm currently in government work, and it's possible that I could stay here for the next decade, I decided to look into the program. It turns out I'm an RCH away from being eligible for the program, but my outstanding balances aren't quite high enough to qualify for a repayment program (under the Public Service Forgiveness Program) that would leave me with any loan balance after the first 120 months.

So, because I was judicious with the amount of debt I took on during my education, I may end up repaying thousands of dollars more than someone who is identical to me, aside from taking out a slightly greater total amount of loans. Fantastic. Way to incentivize massive debt loads, feds.

lot of things work like this in the government. for instance, you get full unemployment benefits if you arent working. but let say you find a part time job, the benefits decrease using a calculation based on what you are making.
in other words, stay unemployed until you can find the job you want!!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This isn't pissing me off, but I find it ironic. Two of my three previous colleges take transcript requests on-line. No paper, just submit the form and we're off to the races.

The third college - the big state school, Tier 1 public research university, second-biggest-school-in-the-state...requires that I fax, mail, or go in person. Oh, they're working on the on-line requester thing...but for now, I have to fax. So much for the big, technologically-advanced state university.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol wtf I just got woken up by 2 women trying to push religion on me. I thought they were UPS because I missed a package yesterday so I allowed them up without asking them anything. Damn those types are hard to get rid of..
ffffuuuu.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
lol wtf I just got woken up by 2 women trying to push religion on me. I thought they were UPS because I missed a package yesterday so I allowed them up without asking them anything. Damn those types are hard to get rid of..
ffffuuuu.gif

Dude you say "I don't want to talk to you" and close the door...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Dude you say "I don't want to talk to you" and close the door...
I think that just shutting the door in their faces is rude... They seemed nice enough even though they were waking me up at the ungodly hour of 11am.
laugh.gif
I told them that there wasn't a religious or spiritual bone in my body. Then they asked me what I thought about creation and I said I was a science guy... I believed in the big bang and primordial soup. Were I a bit more awake I might have had some fun with the situation (and explained my SimCity theory
lol8[1].gif
) but I just wanted to go back to sleep.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I think that just shutting the door in their faces is rude...
I don't like to just shut the door in their faces either. I politely tell them I'm not interested, but if they continue to talk, then I'll just say again that I'm not interested while closing the door.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I don't like to just shut the door in their faces either. I politely tell them I'm not interested, but if they continue to talk, then I'll just say again that I'm not interested while closing the door.

It's not rude, or at least it doesn't have to be. It's like on telemarketing calls. You can tell them you aren't interested and that you're going to hang up. It might feel like you're being rude, but as someone who has done the door to door stuff (no jehovah's witness), it is what you're actually expecting out of the situation, so it isn't surprising.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found out today that the clause that lets me break my current lease requires two months' notice to do so. I thought it was one month, so I gave them written notice on 3/29 that I'd be moving out on 5/2. Now they're telling me I'm on the hook for a month's rent in a place I won't be in for 29 of the 31 days of the month.

Originally Posted by sho'nuff
lot of things work like this in the government. for instance, you get full unemployment benefits if you arent working. but let say you find a part time job, the benefits decrease using a calculation based on what you are making.
in other words, stay unemployed until you can find the job you want!!

I know they had to put the cutoff somewhere. What's really absurd to me is that they're willing to give me a 20 year repayment, but not the 20 year repayment I'd need for forgiveness.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I found out today that the clause that lets me break my current lease requires two months' notice to do so. I thought it was one month, so I gave them written notice on 3/29 that I'd be moving out on 5/2. Now they're telling me I'm on the hook for a month's rent in a place I won't be in for 29 of the 31 days of the month.

make use of it in some fashion. a holding place for ebay/sf selling stuff and what have you.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ goddamn cherry blossoms bring more tourists to this city than damn near anything

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Similarly, although I don't mind visitors to Indy for the Final Four, I was pissed that no officers were directing traffic through town today. The place is packed with people, which again, I don't mind; however, traffic was at a standstill because cars and people were blocking intersections obstructing traffic flow. It was ridiculous.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just updated my Blackberry Tour, and for some reason it deleted everything on my phone except for my contact list. I'm pissed, because I took a bunch of pictures from a UFC fight on Wednesday, and even had a picture with one of my favorite fighters, and they are all now deleted.

I went to the Verizon store, and was told nothing could be restored.
angry.gif

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
I just updated my Blackberry Tour, and for some reason it deleted everything on my phone except for my contact list. I'm pissed, because I took a bunch of pictures from a UFC fight on Wednesday, and even had a picture with one of my favorite fighters, and they are all now deleted.

I went to the Verizon store, and was told nothing could be restored.
angry.gif

That sucks. I update my storm all the time with new OS software and I have yet to have a major meltdown. Make sure your using the most recent BB desktop manager. I get all my shizz from bbhybrids.net or blackberryforums.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads