• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Your posts make us really happy. Thank you. I wanted share a picture which is taken by a phone without any image processed corrections. Just a close up picture of 100% American Pima Mercerized Cotton Socks, not nylon or synthetic blends.
turq.jpg

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ricotta
they are a bit long for me, and i tend to cuff them at the knee.

This is a bit of an issue for me as well. I would remove 1" from the OTC socks.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
Your posts make us really happy.
Thank you.
I wanted share a picture which is taken by a phone without any image processed corrections.
Just a close up picture of 100% American Pima Mercerized Cotton Socks,
not nylon or synthetic blends.

turq.jpg

when are you doing the loafer socks?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
should it have zero height ? or can have litlle height ?
can it be called as loafer socks ?
loafer.jpg

I would take heed from the image provided above. the purpose of loafer socks is to cover your feet, but make it look like you are not wearing socks when you have shoes on - therein, the socks would go below the ankle.

arc

Reaction score
I just received an order from Viccel that I placed in early March. Shipped to Northern Virginia. The main point of this post was to provide expectations for shipping time, otherwise largely absent from this thread. Shipping time was 21 days, 14 of which were spent clearing US Customs. (
ffffuuuu.gif
at Customs.) Kemal was very quick to respond when I asked for a status update, and even sent me a nice follow-up asking if I'd received the order once he saw it had finally left customs. Seems excellent service for a modest order of only 4 pairs of socks. As for the actual product, I'll find out soon, but there have been plenty of informative reviews thereof already. I can at least attest to the colours being vivid and excellent. Shipping timeline digest:
  • March 12, 7:12 pm - Foreign Acceptance
  • March 14, 10:58 am - Foreign International Dispatch - Istanbul
  • March 19, 6:56 pm - Inbound International Arrival - ISC New York
  • April 01, 4:54 am - Arrival at local post office
  • April 02, 2:30 pm - Delivered

rjt65

Reaction score
just ordered 7 more pairs.... hope customs does not hold me up another month. Wore em through a day of rain... feet breathed no wet feet stinkiness!!!

viva le viccel

machochino

Reaction score
So the consensus is that the socks hold up well if washed carefully? Are we talking about the summer or winter weights? It sounds like even the winter ones can be worn in the summer.

Also, did everybody just order their regular US shoe size? I didn't see a definite answer in the thread.

arc

Reaction score
Just your US shoe size should be fine. Seems from my limited sampling that they're sized in 1.5 euro-size increments. I ordered some in both 9.5 US and 10 US to compare sizes, and they're labeled as 42-43.5 EU/8.5-9.5 US and 44-45.5 EU/10-11.5 US respectively. The fabric does have a bit of stretch, so both fit fine for me as a US size 9.5EE. My next batch will probably be the smaller size for what it's worth though.

Borrelli

Reaction score
I have gotten nine pairs from Viccel some time ago. Shipping/customs does take some time, not really a problem if you expect it to.
Of the pairs I bought, I ordered all winter weight. The colours are beautiful and they hold up very well with washing. I got some OTC length, which I am starting to appreciate more and more.
My feet are really less damp compared to other (cheap) socks which contain synthetic fibres. Cotton does breathe better. They are warm enough for winter, but I feel they can also be used in warmer periods, just because they breathe so well. In some well-worn shoes, the absence of moisture makes the feet and socks move a little more inside (less friction).
I do want to try the summer weights and other colours or materials, so I expect I will be putting in another order soon.

I had not expected wearing better socks would matter much, but in fact it does. If you own some nice shoes, having nice socks that look good and feel good really adds to a pleasant feeling.

Quality of the product is good, especially for the price. Top edge finish might be a bit smoother. In one sock I found a very small hole on the side, but not really a problem.

Edit: just ordered 10 more pairs in summer quality. I like the new colours. Now for some argyle or other patterns.

rjt65

Reaction score
Others said to wash special, hang dry etc.. i just throw em in with the regular wash and through about 4-5 cycles n issues.

I am a 12- ordered size 12- and fit perfect. All socks were summer-mid calf and 2 OTC.
7 more on order..

Originally Posted by machochino
So the consensus is that the socks hold up well if washed carefully? Are we talking about the summer or winter weights? It sounds like even the winter ones can be worn in the summer.

Also, did everybody just order their regular US shoe size? I didn't see a definite answer in the thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads