• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Story
Anyone got any sizing advice for the millerain oilcloth field jacket? I tend to fall between small and medium for j.Crew unfortunately.

I'm also considering the fatigue jacket, which would be a better fit for spring?

Tried the millerain on last fall in my usual size and the fit was very good.

Depends on what you want, but I'd say the millerain seems more appropriate for cool fall days than for spring. the fatigue is slightly lighter.

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Tried the millerain on last fall in my usual size and the fit was very good.

Depends on what you want, but I'd say the millerain seems more appropriate for cool fall days than for spring. the fatigue is slightly lighter.

I got my Millerain out of the closet for the nice(r) weather this weekend. I'm 5'9 155 and this coat is a medium. I have to say it fits just a bit large, and I am someone who prefers a looser fit than the current fashion. I also have the Utility Jacket in Medium and it fits more TTS.

As for weather, depends on where you live I guess. We get the same cool temps going into winter as coming out. I'll wear the Millerain from now until May, and the Utility on cool evenings through September.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind could you post the sleeve length (shoulder to cuff) for your Millerain?

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpacePirate
anybody tried any of the linen shirts out?

Yep. I bought the white camp two weeks ago for the s/s. It's my first linen shirt and I love it. Its like wearing clouds and the shirt flows and doesn't have that box fit/feel that some of their other shirts do.

FRAIS

Reaction score
exchanged the small Nail Head for another medium and this fits alot better than the 1st one med I purchased, I believe the 1st one I purchased was tagged wrong, Im still going to have the M red chambray tailored because I want a more slim fit with that shirt. I also picked up the brown suede top-siders .... boy do I love these, so comfy

on another note, I wore the lightweight Cargos yesterday because we had some beautiful weather in NYC and damn those are comfortable, def my fav pair of pants @ the moment

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got some McCallister boots in stone. I got a full size down (I wear a 12 but got an 11) and they fit perfectly. Very comfy shoe.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They don't anymore!? I have the officer's chino in khaki, olive drab, white, and faded black.

Like them? I really need to get more casual pants. I wear denim too much. These look ****. I kind of wish they had more unique details, but I think I could pull them off.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Like them? I really need to get more casual pants. I wear denim too much. These look ****. I kind of wish they had more unique details, but I think I could pull them off.

Well, the Crew used to say they were the chinos for guys who like to wear jeans. I love them.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
got some Bass brown bucks with the red brick soles for $60 today. Very similar to the Crew "jamesport" bucks selling for 140.

& from the army navy store, an old U.S. Navy tan baracuta style jacket by Creighton for $20. Has epaulets but there's nothing else fancy in the details so this works for me. It's very cool.

Riio

Reaction score
why are sleeves so long on crew stuff
ffffuuuu.gif

Seeaann

Reaction score
Get a JCrew card, free sleeve alterations. I just picked up some stuff from an outlet today, taking it in to my local store to get the sleeves altered.

Originally Posted by Riio
why are sleeves so long on crew stuff
ffffuuuu.gif

dammit, just saw on their website, no alterations on factory merch

Guus

Reaction score
got some Bass brown bucks with the red brick soles for $60 today. Very similar to the Crew "jamesport" bucks selling for 140.

& from the army navy store, an old U.S. Navy tan baracuta style jacket by Creighton for $20. Has epaulets but there's nothing else fancy in the details so this works for me. It's very cool.

Pics or it doesn't exist.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
I just bought the Belstaff Trialmaster jacket (I'm a biker) at J. Crew while opening a new card account. Total came to like $580 or something.

I'm intrigued about the free alterations thing. To what extent are they done? Like if I bought Jeans that were 30x34 and asked them to cut the inseam down to 30, would they do that for free? Nordstrom is awesome because they do that.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can someone confirm that gitman L fits like J crew M? Emailed for measurements and j crew M has 22.5 p2p, which is the same as gitman L.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads