• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hoarders

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Don't you have 500+ colognes?

Originally Posted by Big Pun
Haha, at my peak I had about 20, which is alot. Down to about 8 now.

small-timer.

Anyway, on another board the question came up - how many liters of perfume/colognes do we all have? The idea being that we have a rough estimate of usage (2 liters in five years, by Guerlain's estimates, I use far less) and so from that we can figure out how long we can go before we all use up what we have. The board is home to a number of prolific hoarders, btw, so there were a few eye-opening answers.

As for me - I think I have roughly 6 liters of colognes which puts me well into SABLE territory.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was one hoarder who saved all the toilet paper he used. Now that is beyond awful.
eh.gif

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
There was one hoarder who saved all the toilet paper he used. Now that is beyond awful.
eh.gif

Reminds me of the first time I ever heard of this phenomenon, on Loveline radio show more than 10 years ago. Dr. Drew described a case where a woman would take #2 dumps in her bathtub and was afraid to get rid of it, she was hoarding it.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Reminds me of the first time I ever heard of this phenomenon, on Loveline radio show more than 10 years ago. Dr. Drew described a case where a woman would take #2 dumps in her bathtub and was afraid to get rid of it, she was hoarding it.

Many little kids in the midst of toilet training are pretty freaked out when their bowel movements are flushed down the drain.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw it, was eye-opening the first time, but the fascination wears off quickly. It's from the same guys who made intervention which is more gripping, but even know I just watch the first 20 minutes about how they became addicts and how bad they are now. After that I just tune out.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vacuum packed liquid cats. Dear heavenly baby Jesus what the ******* ****? What the ****?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Double you tee eff?

WHAT THE ****?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Liquid cat juice.

Let me repeat that.

Liquid cat juice.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was hard to watch. Even the psych jumped back and lost her composure when she opened the fridge, and seeing these kind of people is her day job.

Why remove everything from the fridge? Just throw the whole thing away.

I think the people who feel shame are the most likely to recover. Shame keeps people in line.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A cat hoarder would put her dead cats in the fridge and freezer. Some of them were in ziplock bags, but a few were just out in the open. They would decompose and the bottom of the fridge had a black slush of decomposed, liquified cats. It was easily the most shocking thing I've seen in the entire series.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
oh, ****. I don't know how I'd handle seeing that.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A cat hoarder would put her dead cats in the fridge and freezer. Some of them were in ziplock bags, but a few were just out in the open. They would decompose and the bottom of the fridge had a black slush of decomposed, liquified cats. It was easily the most shocking thing I've seen in the entire series.
I don't know if it was the same episode but I saw an animal hoarder episode once where a woman's home was covered in cats and she was missing a couple. Eventually they found them flattened underneath the couch in a decomposed state. She smelled so bad her husband had to live in a separate house.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads