1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hoarders

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Connemara, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Have you guys seen this show? Really just something else.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'd watch it but I'm scared I'd get hooked and get all the episodes on DVD, VHS, and Blu-Ray. And never watch them.

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

These people are disgusting. My mom should be on the show. Oh never mind I forgot, 900 Pez dispensers are an investment.[​IMG] I'm trying to do the opposite, getting rid of literally all excess crap.

4. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Nuts man...finding dead cats under piles of crap in your living room = problem

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

6. willpower

willpower Senior member

I'm trying to do the opposite, getting rid of literally all excess crap.

Don't you have 500+ colognes?

7. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Paging mr portnoy

on the serious tip, that watch guy is out of his mind

LOL

8. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

I almost made a post on this after catching an episode. Really fascinating stuff... something in these people's brains must just go haywire.

9. pebblegrain

funniest thing is, I understand it somewhat. I have 30 pairs of shoes, a collection of 300 CDs and 70gb of MP3s, nobody *needs* that. But shit, I force myself to purge once in a while, throw shit away, donate it, sell it on ebay.

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Well these people are more than just collectors, remember that.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^+1

these people have some serious issues. big difference between collecting watches, shoes, etc. opposed to hoarding rotten food.

did any of you guys see the one where the kid collected his dog's hair because he thought if he got rid of it the dog would die. the kid's dad was also an alcoholic and never got rid of his garbage. when they cleaned the house, they got rid of thousands of wine bottles.

12. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

do you have to disclose the mess when the hoarder's house is sold, ie potential mold concerns?

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    One of my neighbors (well, she moved now) is a hoarder. Her place was filled, four-feet-deep! There was a little path about a foot wide meandering through rooms. There was a foot-wide space on her bed for her to sleep. The tub/shower was filled to the top with shit. The oven was filled with balled up aluminum foil. Her garage was filled to the rafters.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

These people must have mice/rats. [​IMG]

15. romafan

romafan Senior member

16. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

17. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Haha, at my peak I had about 20, which is alot. Down to about 8 now.

18. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Haha, at my peak I had about 20, which is alot. Down to about 8 now.

small-timer.

Anyway, on another board the question came up - how many liters of perfume/colognes do we all have? The idea being that we have a rough estimate of usage (2 liters in five years, by Guerlain's estimates, I use far less) and so from that we can figure out how long we can go before we all use up what we have. The board is home to a number of prolific hoarders, btw, so there were a few eye-opening answers.

As for me - I think I have roughly 6 liters of colognes which puts me well into SABLE territory.

19. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

There was one hoarder who saved all the toilet paper he used. Now that is beyond awful.[​IMG]

20. pebblegrain

There was one hoarder who saved all the toilet paper he used. Now that is beyond awful.[​IMG]

Reminds me of the first time I ever heard of this phenomenon, on Loveline radio show more than 10 years ago. Dr. Drew described a case where a woman would take #2 dumps in her bathtub and was afraid to get rid of it, she was hoarding it.