• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders Online Store

sartre864

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xanatos
Well like when I was younger people like cholos and jocks and skaters would say **** about my skinny jeans and crapp. Now they all wearing them. Like I've always had long hair and now that's the norm and you look like you just following another trend.Not that I'm super original but it's funny how others folllow trends and scoff at others then will start doing it Maybe I should start wearing a weddinh dress and maybe that'll catch on with fashion mags.

I find this to be incredibly surprising.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice
biggrin.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I though Context had it. At least it looks the same. Check them out.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yardsale
woah my blog is linked on the BoO polo blog!

dude I LOVE your blog
smile.gif
didn't know you were member here
(I actually found it via the BoO)

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ I though Context had it. At least it looks the same. Check them out.

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like Context is out of it in both Medium and Large. Can someone comment on sizing for BOO? I've never worn one of their shirts before. I'm about 5"10 and 155lbs, and am a pretty TTS small.

I'll keep checking around.

jhoo04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
Yeah, unfortunately it looks like Context is out of it in both Medium and Large. Can someone comment on sizing for BOO? I've never worn one of their shirts before. I'm about 5"10 and 155lbs, and am a pretty TTS small.

I'm 5'10" and 165lbs and am a true large in BoO. I would recommend a medium.

bowvalley2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec

You will be medium in BoO shirts. I just got that shirt from Oak New York in medium but it was the last one (1 small left). This seems like a very popular pattern for this season and has already sold out in many retailers. I would check the band of outsiders website for stockist lists and call them for their stock. Good luck.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowvalley2000
You will be medium in BoO shirts. I just got that shirt from Oak New York in medium but it was the last one (1 small left). This seems like a very popular pattern for this season and has already sold out in many retailers. I would check the band of outsiders website for stockist lists and call them for their stock. Good luck.

Yeah, I guess that's the only way to go. Now the question is whether or not it's worth the hours of time it will take to track this thing down.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another flannel shirt....

xr4ti

Reaction score
I would watch out for this shirt, I bought it in an XL like all my other BoO shirts and it did not fit. For me this shirt ran small. Just a warning, might want to go for L. Also Context lists their model at 6' - 155# and he is wearing a L. Good Luck.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xr4ti
I would watch out for this shirt, I bought it in an XL like all my other BoO shirts and it did not fit. For me this shirt ran small. Just a warning, might want to go for L. Also Context lists their model at 6' - 155# and he is wearing a L. Good Luck.

BoO plaids, overdyes and their short sleeved shirts all seem to run about .5" to 1" inch smaller. I've had that issue for the last several years and I have found the only consistent sizing is with their regular oxfords, batiste and twill shirting. I just hope they are doing another black batiste this season because I sold mine last fall and I have regretted it every since!

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have both a plaid boo and the madras pictured both are way bigger than the overdyes. the overdyes have the tightest fit i have about 5 different colored overdyed ones. all in extra small.

xr4ti

Reaction score
Maybe I had bad luck because the one I picked up fit smaller than even my overdyes. I exchanged it for a XXL that I will get tommorow so hopefully it will fit good.

mr-bob

Reaction score
I just bought a Medium Batiste shirt from South Willard... I thought BoO was sizing really small and everything, but finally I have to send back this shirt because it's like 1,2 inches bigger than I thought and I like having my shirt tight.
After that I read that the Batiste shirt is their more "regular" sizing. I've ordered an oxford shirt yesterday, a medium gingham blue/white in size Medium because I also read Oxford shirt were sizing smaller thant Batiste ones. Am I right ?
I'm usually a Small in everything (size 1 in Thom Browne, S to M in APC (M when it comes to "narrow" fitting), 5'11 for 160lbs (or a bit less), did I make the good choice to send back the Batiste one to get a Small and get the Oxford in Medium ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads