• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this look alright?

Blown01NJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by butterflystyle
The shirt is rounded, and thus is not meant to be worn untucked.

Shirts which are meant to be worn untucked (Which many of the affected dandies here wouldn't even admit existed) have squared off tails and fronts.

I feel like squared off shirts look marsupialed untucked. Im gonna take off the blazer at some point too. Ive worn tapered shirts untucked a billion times. So do tons of other people I know.

Squared off button ups untucked always create that tenting and make you look fat. All slim fit shirts I have are tapered.

Blown01NJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by korektphool
Tuck in your shirt. You would still look terrible, but slightly less so.

What looks terrible? How helpful is this post?

How about suggesting something so it doesnt look terrible.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
you look fine actually.
+1 actually. While I was of course being sarcastic in my original response, the OP is probably pretty much nailing the look he was going for. It's just so far from the aesthetic on MC that I didn't get him posting here when he registered quite awhile ago.
confused.gif

stewartu

Reaction score
Wear it today. Have the alterations done when you can. Post this on Streetwear & Denim to get a different take on this look.

As mentioned, shorten your jeans and sleeves when you can.

I like the blue shirt and I would leave it untucked.

Dr.Teatime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stewartu
Wear it today. Have the alterations done when you can. Post this on Streetwear & Denim to get a different take on this look.

As mentioned, shorten your jeans and sleeves when you can.

I like the blue shirt and I would leave it untucked.

+1. S & D may be a more suitable forum, this is a casual look. FWIW, I think its fine. Wear in good health

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I think you should tuck the shirt in. I think it makes the look cleaner and more crisp if it's tucked in while wearing a blazer.

mens_claiborne_black_waffle_3_button_reviews_626225_300.jpg

I know you said you want to take off the blazer at some point but I'd still leave the shirt tucked. Maybe roll up the sleeves to make the look more casual. SF member Phat Guido has a knack for casual wear of formal like attire:

L1000583-4.jpg

I would also opt for a darker jean but that's just me.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
I know you said you want to take off the blazer at some point but I'd still leave the shirt tucked. Maybe roll up the sleeves to make the look more casual. SF member Phat Guido has a knack for casual wear of formal like attire:

L1000583-4.jpg

I would also opt for a darker jean but that's just me.

This looks awful and affected. If you want to look like an uptight homosexual, nail this look.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blown01NJ
Black cotton H&M blazer with light blue button up, jeans and black shoes. This work? The blazer is off the rack and hasnt been adjused, although it fits pretty well. Might take the sleeves up a bit if anything.

blazer.jpg

Works for what?
Overall impression: trendy in a cheap sort of way.
Distressed jeans, shirt out, square toes shoes,
jacket "different" and too short.

When you see this photo in five years, you'll
be embarrassed. That would signify progress.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
I know I'm not the first to say such, but you really should tuck in your shirt, untucked shirts rarely look better. Don't worry about looking dorky, only tees and badly fitting polos ever look particularly dorky untucked. It will make you look A LOT less sloppy (which IMO you look a bit sloppy, even by casual style guy circumstances, and is my big gripe with the look), and you can wear a nice belt, maybe even a trendy belt to pull it together, which would be invisible under that shirt were you not to tuck it in future. Outside of that, you don't look too bad, try to get the shape a little more tailored, a little sharper, and I shall leave all other critiqueing to the other forum members.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blazer fits ok, just IMO strange with its three button pockets and blackness. And sleeves too long. You really should listen to everyone else here and tuck in the shirt. If you have a problem with it billowing out, try a Z tuck in the back (learned this from a military guy - in the back of the shirt, fold the shirt over itself in a z shape to get it to appropriately taper into your waistband). I am not at all a fan of the jeans with the jacket. It looks bad for a few reasons.
  • The black blazer/shoes with light blue shirt/jeans is far too monochromatic.
  • Distressed wash jeans look silly
  • Jeans are too long
  • Shoes are not elegant
  • No balance between top and botton halves of the outfit. The jacket is too slim for the jeans.
Advice - trade the jacket for something not black. Tuck in shirt. Change to brown shoes (or even Chucks), get new jeans - selvedge/raw denim - in a proper length and slimness to match the cut of the coat. Here's an example of someone making it work:
1.jpg
And finally, this criticism will hurt. It hurts everyone at first. But in the words of Butch to Marsellus:
You feel that sting, big boy, huh? That's pride FUCKIN' with you! You gotta fight through that ****!
Listen to what the guys here have to say. There are countless threads of new members saying "Hai Guyz Check outs Mai Fly STYLE!!!1" and ask for help, only to become defensive dicks who disregard everyone's advice (the most epic example of which found here). So while you might not agree with what's said here this second, generally you'll look back and ask why you hadn't listened to a lot of the other members' advice sooner.

korektphool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blown01NJ
What looks terrible? How helpful is this post?

How about suggesting something so it doesnt look terrible.

Lose the blazer. Lose the jeans. Lose the shoes. Replace all with better clothes. Happy?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by butterflystyle
This looks awful and affected. If you want to look like an uptight homosexual, nail this look.

And you have terrible taste.

B|aze

Reaction score
Tuck in your shirt and loose the black shoes, and replace with brown shows instaed along with a brown belt of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads