• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Polo by Ralph Lauren Thread***

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RLPL: St. Andrews
RLBL: Caruso
PRL: Corneliani?
RRL: I've read Caruso, not sure though

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
w t f?

the brand is called polo ralph lauren so im having a really hard time tryign to figure out what you want L to stand for, i dont know if theres an official acronym or not either but you cant just stick in a random letter

I defend you a lot Robert, but this is true.
laugh.gif

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
if you only ever see PRL at dillards/macys/(ross)/(marshalls) that stuff is awful

but if you guys check the B&S, there was a PRL shearling recently made in italy that was ridiculous nice (but couldnt sell, though it sold on ebay for more)

there was a ridiculous full length military double breasted coat with huge gold buttons, MII

i sold a yellow curious george style raincoat, horn buttons, really nice fabric, nice plaid lining, MII

and im sure there is other awesome stuff thats very limited... i have a hunch that rlpl/rlbl/prl/rrl made in italy sportswear (suits are made by different brands) is all the same factory (the prices are all pretty much the same) and just different styling

+1!!!

The stuff at Macys and the Polo outlet are nothing compared to the items sold in the "real" RL stores.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I actually have a fairly decent black suit by PRL. It's slim and simple, good for things like job interviews.

ffffuuuu.gif

MC has everything you need to know and more about PRL.

Originally Posted by KitAkira
RLPL: St. Andrews
RLBL: Caruso
PRL: Corneliani?
RRL: I've read Caruso, not sure though

PRL is Corneliani-made, and half-canvassed. These are only the made in Italy pieces.
RLPL can be St. Andrews-made, can also be Caruso-made. It's now tough to tell since they stopped including the labels on the inside pockets.
I think RRL is sometimes Caruso-made, but probably less frequently than not.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Just wanted to reiterate that Robert is kind of dumb for calling it PLRL.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What an ass. Did you ever, like, misspell something or mispronounce something? What do you want me to do? Admit I was dumb? OK, I admit it. So what? Really. So what?

Pawz

Reaction score
What an ass. Did you ever, like, misspell something or mispronounce something? What do you want me to do? Admit I was dumb? OK, I admit it. So what? Really. So what?
Many users here are defensive of Ralph Lauren. I compared RLPL ties with those under the Armani Collezioni label and several users freaked. It's stupid, IMHO, but such is human nature. (most) RL products are easy to acquire, so many of us have them... And is one reason why, I guess, it's defended so vehemently ("I wear RL, therefore I belong and so to insult RL is to insult me!" Pfft!).

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Agree. PRL is accessible so it's considered mainstream and thereby less groovy than the usual SF-approved garments.

Anyway, here's a photo of a vintage store workshirt PRL pickup and a gingham oxford (tie is unlabeled cotton knit of some kind, ie, not RL)

005-5.jpg

ragtime11-23001.jpg

ragtime11-23002.jpg

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So it's rather difficult to kick off an official thread with a glaring and confusing (given the differrent lines of RL) misspelling of the brand in question.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this thread. Polo/Blue Label is RL's mainline and has been for years. It's in every mid-range-and-up department store in America. Isn't everybody here already familiar with their clothes?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
So it's rather difficult to kick off an official thread with a glaring and confusing (given the differrent lines of RL) misspelling of the brand in question.

And so what would you like me to do now? I already admitted my mistake, right? God, you guys can be harder asses than a bunch of old nuns.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I don't understand this thread. Polo/Blue Label is RL's mainline and has been for years. It's in every mid-range-and-up department store in America. Isn't everybody here already familiar with their clothes?

Not much to understand. If you pick up something you like by the label, talk about it here. Or complain. I don't care. I don't own the thread, I just started it. Do with it what you will!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And so what would you like me to do now? I already admitted my mistake, right?

Originally Posted by AlanC
You should be able to edit the title. Double click on the title on the main SW&D page, which should make the thread title editable for you.

You can also click 'edit' on the OP, then click "Go Advanced", and you'll have the option to change the thread title.

On topic, I still check out the RL stores near me, maybe once a season, just to see what they have. The non-logo'ed stuff is reasonable.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And so what would you like me to do now? I already admitted my mistake, right? God, you guys can be harder asses than a bunch of old nuns.

Go to edit your OP, click "go advanced," and
thumbs-up.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Go to edit your OP, click "go advanced," and
thumbs-up.gif

Done. Hope everybody's happy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads