• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Silverstone is arguably one of the ugliest BMW colors ever. It makes my stomach turn every time.
different strokes..

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
What about Laguna Seca "Smurf" Blue? I remember I was on the M3 list and was offered an LSB one or I could wait a year to customize... I waited a year.

I could never figure out how they named LSB, except maybe by looking at the portapotties in the paddock. The mustardy yellow that came out a little later was also pretty bad.

--Andre

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's like only one BMW here in Seoul that's blue. It is a bright dot of nonconformity.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
I could never figure out how they named LSB, except maybe by looking at the portapotties in the paddock. The mustardy yellow that came out a little later was also pretty bad.

--Andre

Phoenix Yellow? That was pretty bad too. Yeah, the only blue at LS were the rumble strips, and they weren't hideous blue.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Silverstone ugly? That was the best color on the e39 m5. Unfortunately guys who drive silver cars have the equivalent swagger of those who shop at brooks brothers.

Regardless, jet black is the greatest color of all time.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just looks silver to me. Not sure why it's ugly?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has a pale blue tinge to it IRL --- a pretty subtle color that's totally appropriate for a 5 series. I'm not a blue car person, but one of the best BMW colors ever is Le Mans Blue.

--Andre

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
What about Laguna Seca "Smurf" Blue? I remember I was on the M3 list and was offered an LSB one or I could wait a year to customize... I waited a year.

My beef with Silverstone is the ugly faint blue tinge to it. I think TiAg is a far better color, and responds to mods much better.

I personally love LSB, but it only works on the E46 M3. But again, it's a really hard color to mod. Most of the LSB M3's I see that are modded look bad. Dunno what it is about that color.

Jet Black is my least favorite color on the M3. Hides all the lines. Carbon Black is infinitely better.

Phoenix Yellow? I used to DESPISE this color, but then I saw this beauty and it became my favorite:

p8140100.jpg

p8140104.jpg

p8010087.jpg

p8140130.jpg

And here are some Individual M3's:

sizedm3.jpg

S1003modified.jpg

sepia-2.jpg

monochromatic.jpg

moonstonemet3.jpg

brassmet2.jpg

atlantisblue.jpg

arizonasun.jpg

chiarettom3.jpg

chiarettom35.jpg
INSANE INTERIOR!!

original.jpg

3020756634_725da52c13_b.jpg

2969539109_0f58e63e41_b.jpg

MeanBlue2-sm.jpg

2715787151_5942d6b228_b.jpg

Atlantis_LSB_4.jpg
ATLANTIS

OrinocoE46M3.jpg

midnightblueE46M3.jpg

moraE463.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm sure you're a great person but you're painfully wrong on all accounts friend.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'm sure you're a great person but you're painfully wrong on all accounts friend.

When you actually wake up to one of these cars in your garage, get back to me.

smile.gif

Robes of Executiveness

Reaction score
That's the color Jeremy Clarkson would term baby puke green.

I prefer gunmetal grey, with even darker matte rims(not black) and amaretto Audi interior.

It's all about color coordination man..

ins-attolini.jpg

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Silverstone ugly? That was the best color on the e39 m5. Unfortunately guys who drive silver cars have the equivalent swagger of those who shop at brooks brothers.

Regardless, jet black is the greatest color of all time.

With gold wheels? Perhaps some mesh?

fistbump.gif

My beef with Silverstone is the ugly faint blue tinge to it. I think TiAg is a far better color, and responds to mods much better.

I personally love LSB, but it only works on the E46 M3. But again, it's a really hard color to mod. Most of the LSB M3's I see that are modded look bad. Dunno what it is about that color.

I think I'd have to pick Silverstone over LSB... every time I see LSB, I think the person is driving around in a car they bought from a roadside Navajo turquoise jewelry shop.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you actually wake up to one of these cars in your garage, get back to me.

smile.gif

Uhhh, he does have an M3.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
hahaa

ps i saw all those indy pics in 01-02
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads