• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this rub you the wrong way?...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I guess I can't invite Brian over to my house for dinner ever
frown.gif

Oh, I'd invite him over just to make his portions smaller than everyone else's.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) no
2) no
3) no
4) no
5) no

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spelling a lot "alot" kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 83glt
Spelling a lot "alot" kind of rubs me the wrong way.

is that alot where it's really a (one) lot, or is it the alot, which is allot (to apportion)

Anyway, I usually get confused by then.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you know that bacteria is in the air even if no humans are around and you're breathing it in this very second
ffffuuuu.gif

You're going to DIE
musicboohoo[1].gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
is that a lot of bacteria in the air, or alot of bacteria in the air?

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
is that a lot of bacteria in the air, or alot of bacteria in the air?

He's talking about the allotment of bacteria in the air. Try to keep up.

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not allotted enough respect here, and I get a lot of grief for my posts.

Did he mean shallots?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do want to complain about this...

At our office, there is a little restaurant run by this mostly-awful Vietnamese lady. She was the third or fourth owner in less than 12 months. With the first owners it wasn't great but it also wasn't bad, I mean if you wanted lunch or breakfast you could go there and it is unlikely you would be disappointed. Now it is consistently bad, the best you can hope for is that the food is not good. However I still go there for a sweet tea or Coke Zero.

Now what I can't comprehend about this place is how she will be cutting vegetables or making food with those food prep gloves on, come to the cash register, handle money, then return to the vegetables. If you thought a step was missing there, it was in the whole removing the gloves and then putting on a new pair thing. Or she will take off the gloves, set them down, then put the same pair on, sometimes having to put the pair on inside out because THEY WON'T GO ON REGULARLY.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

It is that plus some other very very odd practices in running the restaurant that keep me from eating there.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
hey, guys...I'm not saying that I'm...unhygenic or anything, I wash my hands pretty regularly, especially when prepping food. But our little dog picked up a dead squirrel in the yard - at least I think it was a squirrel, and he carried it around in his mouth for a while, until I fished it out. Then the other dog grabbed it and took off, and the first dog gave chase, and they fought over the squirrel, until eventually I can't find it any longer and have no idea what happened to it.

Anyway, here we are a couple of days later, and neither dog is sick. How does that work?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
hey, guys...I'm not saying that I'm...unhygenic or anything, I wash my hands pretty regularly, especially when prepping food. But our little dog picked up a dead squirrel in the yard - at least I think it was a squirrel, and he carried it around in his mouth for a while, until I fished it out. Then the other dog grabbed it and took off, and the first dog gave chase, and they fought over the squirrel, until eventually I can't find it any longer and have no idea what happened to it.

Anyway, here we are a couple of days later, and neither dog is sick. How does that work?

Good question. You ought to try it out and let us now how the results go.

It is all in the name of science.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I do want to complain about this...

At our office, there is a little restaurant run by this mostly-awful Vietnamese lady. She was the third or fourth owner in less than 12 months. With the first owners it wasn't great but it also wasn't bad, I mean if you wanted lunch or breakfast you could go there and it is unlikely you would be disappointed. Now it is consistently bad, the best you can hope for is that the food is not good. However I still go there for a sweet tea or Coke Zero.

Now what I can't comprehend about this place is how she will be cutting vegetables or making food with those food prep gloves on, come to the cash register, handle money, then return to the vegetables. If you thought a step was missing there, it was in the whole removing the gloves and then putting on a new pair thing. Or she will take off the gloves, set them down, then put the same pair on, sometimes having to put the pair on inside out because THEY WON'T GO ON REGULARLY.
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

It is that plus some other very very odd practices in running the restaurant that keep me from eating there.

This is exactly why market economics and capitalism is FAIL. The good owner is gone, and the bad owner seems to be making a go of it.
ffffuuuu.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
This is exactly why market economics and capitalism is FAIL. The good owner is gone, and the bad owner seems to be making a go of it.
ffffuuuu.gif

No it shows capitalism WIN. The number of patrons has decreased dramatically since she came on board and I heard her telling someone she has to keep it open because her daughter wants to go to med school. I doubt they are making much money, they've cut back hours of operation, fewer staff, etc.

/non-dumbdiscussioninthisthreak

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics