• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
I forget if it was you that previously asked about that APC knit, but: make sure you see it in person. The speckling looks waaaaay diff in person.

Yeah, I actually ended up buying it, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable wearing it. But i also don't want to default to a sweater that looks really similar to something I already own.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
Yeah, I actually ended up buying it, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable wearing it. But i also don't want to default to a sweater that looks really similar to something I already own.

then don't get either? get a knit in another color--or from another brand?

both knits aren't exactly standout pieces, so don't be afraid to pass and look elsewhere

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these and want to tell me how the quality is?
1263.jpg

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those timbs are nice. I have a brown pair. Light and comfortable. Not feelin the black that much though. I like that second pair. Who makes them. And where can you get them?

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Anybody have one of these and want to tell me how the quality is?
1263.jpg

You gonna buy a winter jacket this winter or what? It's getting cold. :p

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
You gonna buy a winter jacket this winter or what? It's getting cold. :p

Ha yea I picked a jacket up already but I'm looking for more. I just got a Porsche Design Softshell Goretex but I want something not black too. And maybe something heavier and down filled.

mtmindc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Those timbs are nice. I have a brown pair. Light and comfortable. Not feelin the black that much though. I like that second pair. Who makes them. And where can you get them?
I've tried a pair of the Timberlands before but wasn't sold on the brown enough to pull the trigger. Comfy shoes though, do they hold up well in the city? I only own one pair of black shoes that's too dressy for my usual style - I thought the black could be a good change of pace and suitable for wear even in fine weather. Second pair is Tretorn Strala. Wouldn't be as versatile as the boots, but cheaper by half and should keep my feet dry.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I don't live in the city but I used them last winter to get around campus in central New York. It snows all the time and they were great.

Originally Posted by mtmindc
I've tried a pair of the Timberlands before but wasn't sold on the brown enough to pull the trigger. Comfy shoes though, do they hold up well in the city? I only own one pair of black shoes that's too dressy for my usual style - I thought the black could be a good change of pace and suitable for wear even in fine weather.

Second pair is Tretorn Strala. Wouldn't be as versatile as the boots, but cheaper by half and should keep my feet dry.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Should I cop black margiela 5 zip for 940 new size 50?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Should I cop black margiela 5 zip for 940 new size 50?

yes

EDIT: there is one nearby that I visit periodically, and it is very fine. They have yet to drop the price on it by 60% though. That seems like a very reasonable price under the circumstances.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a 5 zip

Grey or charcoal

What kind of finish?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads