• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great digest Agent 5. thanks for the add
smile.gif

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, props to 5 for the great choices - he really went all out to select a diverse range of styles.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, thanks for the double inclusion

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Wasn't thinking that a first shot at a turtleneck while dying from lack of sleep would be a best either, but I like surprises.

The colours & fit were great; I can definitely see why it was included. Sleep deprivation is clearly inspirational!

Good picks, wonder who's next.
Maybe we can ask obs to do another week?
devil.gif

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More nice comments - thanks guys! Glad you liked the selection.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Maybe we can ask obs to do another week?
devil.gif

Actually, in the spirit of MoK's suggestion that we switch guest editorship to a regular poster with a contrasting style at the end of each tenure, I was rather wondering if you might be interested to take a turn?

Pending official Vox-approval, obviously.
wink.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Actually, in the spirit of MoK's suggestion that we switch guest editorship to a regular poster with a contrasting style at the end of each tenure, I was rather wondering if you might be interested to take a turn?

Pending official Vox-approval, obviously.
wink.gif

Sometimes I should just keep my gob shut and keep my foot out of it.

But I should have a bit of extra time this week anyway, as it happens, and it looks like fun, so if the vox & the masses approve of the choice, I'd be happy to give it a twirl!

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Sometimes I should just keep my gob shut and keep my foot out of it.

But I should have a bit of extra time this week anyway, as it happens, and it looks like fun, so if the vox & the masses approve of the choice, I'd be happy to give it a twirl!

Excellent! Can't wait to see the results.
smile.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Obs, very nice job on last week's digest. Looking forward to see what HF brings.

+1. Looking forward to your magic, HF.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weekly Unfair Digest for 23rd Oct thru 30th Oct

One of the most powerful things about clothing is that it can tell a story.

I think that at its best, deciding what we wear can be used to either selectively reveal or selectively disguise something of our inner selves. Style can be used as either a window or a mirror, a narrative or a filibuster. Neither is "better" than the other, as long as it's done with intent.

I've tried to pick images that to me represent that degree of focus in creating a message, whether the message is to explain or obfuscate. Sometimes two or three images told their story better when juxtaposed against each other, so forgive the editing.

Firmly believing that alcohol & blindness would aid the digest selection process, I found a suitable role model:

cantlook.jpg

One of the perennial highlights of WAYWRN is the close-up shot. Close-ups are brilliant fun because you really have no way of knowing if the rest of the outfit is a tour de force or a tour of duty in Afghanistan. They're the WAYWRN's flash of dainty ankle from under the crinoline.

closeups.jpg
closeups2.jpg

It wouldn't be a digest without a few "SF-approved" looks. The better posters know how to work the uniform elements to their advantage, introducing personal quirks, or just plain doing it absolutely right. A few examples:

sfuniform1.jpg
sfuniform2.jpg

sfuniform4.jpg

I also wanted to include a few more casual outfits. I personally find casual much harder to do well than tailored clothing, so I'm always on the look out for good-looking casual outfits

rolledjeans3vert.jpg
vox.jpg

Sometimes, certain regulars just have "a look" they've nailed totally. Without seeing the name, you still know exactly who they are. They've got their personal style/identity down pat, and they're totally comfortable in that zone:

22248474.jpg
68186649.jpg

maoh.jpg
ob5.jpg

foggymok.jpg

Lastly, WAYWRN always provides a few more "quirky" images. All the following images brought a smile to my face, so deserved inclusion in this week's digest:

Mr Bond, my Weather Control Device will wreak havoc across the world...

bondvillain2.jpg

Weather Control Device Revealed... Rain Dancing!

funkychicken.jpg

Looking Up for the Precipitation

lookingup.jpg

Better find a Giant Umbrella to take cover

giantumbrella.jpg

Evil Henchpeople Attack! No, wait, Pose First!

unusualsuspects.jpg

Mr Bond is unruffled at being called in, and is my Image of the Week:

yfyf.jpg

And with that, the World is saved. Time for coffee...

coffeeagentfoxx.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to do a guest slot this week! I hope you enjoyed the picks. There was a lot that I just couldn't include for space reasons, and I should probably have been more selective still.

But everything I've chosen, I genuinely enjoyed seeing in the WAYWRN thread. And that was good enough for me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads