• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diesel Laddery Opinions

splattered

Reaction score
I didn't know if this belonged in the quick questions tab because i want several opinions, and i didn't want to take over any other brand's thread, so....

I have been looking for a basic black/brown leather jacket and i ended up settling on this one for now, its the Diesel Laddery. I live in SoCal so i don't need a super heavy leather jacket... i've been looking for something a little on the lighter side.

Its a size M and fits me pretty freakin snug and almost looks like a wetsuit when fully zippered, i think that's how it's supposed to fit... the lack of colar bugs me a little bit but not TOO much. I like that it's a little more plain but i still wish it had a chest pocket or something. Soft lamb leather but nowhere near as thin as say a SWORD jacket or the like.

Should i keep this or send it back? It cost me about the same as a schott/TOJ jacket, and i have about 4 days to make up my mind before i have to keep it.

Yeah the room i'm staying in is scary and i'm wearing ridiculous jeans, please disregard i'm in the middle of a reboot. haha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...sLaddery05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...sLaddery02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...sLaddery01.jpg

And then a model link from Tobi which is where i actually got it from:

http://www.tobi.com/product/21942-di...382#ref=plroll

I do want a decent leather jacket but i've also been looking at a lot of lighter cotton/canvas jackets lately too...

I'm not expecting everyone to be too kind, just be honest
smile.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
I didn't know if this belonged in the quick questions tab because i want several opinions, and i didn't want to take over any other brand's thread, so....

I have been looking for a basic black/brown leather jacket and i ended up settling on this one for now, its the Diesel Laddery. I live in SoCal so i don't need a super heavy leather jacket... i've been looking for something a little on the lighter side.

Its a size M and fits me pretty freakin snug and almost looks like a wetsuit when fully zippered, i think that's how it's supposed to fit... the lack of colar bugs me a little bit but not TOO much. I like that it's a little more plain but i still wish it had a chest pocket or something. Soft lamb leather but nowhere near as thin as say a SWORD jacket or the like.

Should i keep this or send it back? It cost me about the same as a schott/TOJ jacket, and i have about 4 days to make up my mind before i have to keep it.

Yeah the room i'm staying in is scary and i'm wearing ridiculous jeans, please disregard i'm in the middle of a reboot. haha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...sLaddery05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...sLaddery02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...sLaddery01.jpg

And then a model link from Tobi which is where i actually got it from:

http://www.tobi.com/product/21942-di...382#ref=plroll

I do want a decent leather jacket but i've also been looking at a lot of lighter cotton/canvas jackets lately too...

I'm not expecting everyone to be too kind, just be honest
smile.gif

If you paid $550 for that I think you could get a muchhh better looking jacket....what look are you going for, like a biker/bad guy look?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Looks okay, but you should post this in the "should I or shouldn't I" thread. It'd fit better there.

Looks good enough to keep in my opinion, but it's a tad Euro-trashy. Not sure if that's your style (the plugs make me think no). The details like the sleeves, shoulder fit, buttons on the pockets, etc. may not mesh with the rest of your steez. And I can't tell what the leather quality is like.

Honestly though the fit around the torso is spot-on.

splattered

Reaction score
It was like 418 total? But yeah... keep em comin

And feel free to move the thread if needed, wasn't sure where i should put it :/

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return it and buy a Schott or Vanson. That jacket is worth 25% of retail at best. Decent fit though.

Brian SD

Reaction score
What needs to go are those jeans. I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool 7FAM hater like many others, but even within that brand there are a lot of fits/styles that look much better than what you're wearing. No offense, but if you had some jeans that fit more nicely around the top block (like APCs or 5EPs), it would make even the jacket look quite a bit better.

mmm

Reaction score
Leather jackets should last a long time. If you arent completely happy with it (and it sounds like some of the details about the jacket arent to your liking) send it back. Also, diesel leather jackets are often on sale for a pretty steep discount at the end of the season. They were going for around 275-350 during the summer.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Looks okay, but you should post this in the "should I or shouldn't I" thread. It'd fit better there.

Looks good enough to keep in my opinion, but it's a tad Euro-trashy. Not sure if that's your style (the plugs make me think no). The details like the sleeves, shoulder fit, buttons on the pockets, etc. may not mesh with the rest of your steez. And I can't tell what the leather quality is like.

Honestly though the fit around the torso is spot-on.

Euro Trashy? Hmm not really, i want a leather jacket more on the plain side because i'm not a biker and don't know if i want the full on brando biker look... i'm starting to get into the low end of dry denim for now and maybe maintaining my graphic/band Ts mixing in plaid/flannel button downs and i've been looking for some decent boots but not really diggin the mountain boots i keep see people sportin here. I've also been looking for some decent work wear type cotton canvas jackets. Not sure what my intended look would be called haha (Confused? :p )

The leather is actually better quality than other jackets ive tried on like bikkembergs and sword and others which in my opinion are extremely overpriced for what you get... but it isnt amazing... i expect to pay around 4-600 for whatever jacket i eventually stick with.

Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Return it and buy a Schott or Vanson. That jacket is worth 25% of retail at best. Decent fit though.
I thought about the 141 Schott, but people have told me they like the Laddery fit/look better. I'm still up in the air on this.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
What needs to go are those jeans. I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool 7FAM hater like many others, but even within that brand there are a lot of fits/styles that look much better than what you're wearing. No offense, but if you had some jeans that fit more nicely around the top block (like APCs or 5EPs), it would make even the jacket look quite a bit better.

HAHA funny you say that, they're actually in my ebay pile right now, i'm putting most of my jeans up for sale sometime this week to help fund mah slight reboot or whatever you wanna call it. I always wore levi/gap but wanted to get into nicer denim and not being educated on what all options are out there i fell into mall brand "PD" but after venturing this and other forums for awhile i've decided to head in another direction.

And seeing that i posted this, if anyone has any serious suggestions as to what would be a better look on me please feel free to chime in
smile.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Diesel jackets and even though they are somewhat pricey and goes on sale often, at times you just have to get your size because the smaller ones fly by pretty quick. Diesels leather jackets are surprisingly well made though and I have been looking into buying one as well.

For the same price, I would suggest the Diesel Lexis jacket instead. It has better lines and less of a biker jacket than the Laddery. It does have a different collar, waist and wrist sleeves though but I think it is a much better choice.
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...22476&ev19=1:2
Lexis-Jacket-BLACK.jpg
9201M0462_3_2.jpg

splattered

Reaction score
Looks like nearly the same jacket... not sure if i'm a fan of the cloth elastic wrists/waist/collar though. Hmm
confused.gif

Nuff said

Reaction score
It's a good fit - I'd keep it. Diesel leathers are actually quite decent. I've got two - both well constructed with nice quality leather.

splattered

Reaction score
Do you not think his fit is better? Or is it the same as mine? Looks a half/full size up? I wonder if i'd look closer to this or just straight up sloppy if i kept it but sized up one... :/

Notice that his doesnt look like a super tight wet suit when fully zipped up and it allows for the collar to actually stand a bit... hmm

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalo...*24*-1*-1*-1*2

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was expecting to laugh when I first opened this thread, but that jacket actually looks good on you.

I'm not really a fan of Diesel since their stuff often looks too euro-trashy for my tastes. However the brand's construction quality is often pretty good, with many of the pieces being made in Italy. But the quality of their leathers has always felt rather cheap to me.

If you can afford better, I would get something higher end since a nice leather jacket can last you 10 years or more. But if you cannot afford more at this time and love the jacket, then I don't think it would be a disaster to keep it.

ddragovi

Reaction score
Thats not too bad looking, I'd watch what you spend on it though. The Diesel Black Gold line has pretty nice jackets IMO and I picked up the leather likerish jacket. Retail was $900 which is beyond crazy but I grabbed it for $275.

41113504D2_lar1_1.jpg

30796_500_x_667.jpg

_9121244.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads